Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    ... Have a new vac advance on order now...
    You don't need no stinking vacuum advance.
    Just ask your credit card company for an increase in your limit.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    I went over to Mom and Dad's yesterday and saw the truck sitting behind your Dad's house. It's probably something simple that's causing you issues.
    Simple indeed.

Vacuum advance was causing issues. Removed vac line from distributor and plugged it and it runs fine around town. Have a new vac advance on order now.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Well, the exhaust is 90% complete. I still need to get the tips positioned correctly in the bumper cutouts. We still have an exhaust leak, but I think that's from the manifold gasket. It looks pretty good though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	900.2 KB
ID:	1242177
    That's one clean bottom alright

Leave a comment:

• Andy4639
    replied
    I started out to Mississippi last Wednesday in the 64 SS Impala. It did fine up to dads in Hickory NC but when we started up the grade at Black mt it started spitting and sputtering so we took it back to the house. I ordered a new gas tank, sendor and fuel pump for it while in Mississippi. Tank should be here tomorrow. I finally got my matching spare wheel also while gone. I have to get the tire mounted though.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Well, the exhaust is 90% complete. I still need to get the tips positioned correctly in the bumper cutouts. We still have an exhaust leak, but I think that's from the manifold gasket. It looks pretty good though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	900.2 KB
ID:	1242177

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    I went over to Mom and Dad's yesterday and saw the truck sitting behind your Dad's house. It's probably something simple that's causing you issues.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied

Hey, at least all the bad stuff is happening at home instead of on the road. Get all the bugs worked out now.
    I’m about to drive the damn truck off a cliff.
    It had been running just fine and now it’s back to running poorly when cold. I’ve ruled out (at least the best I can) plugs, fuel filter, regulator, vacuum leaks, timing, and cap/rotor. The carb is a newish Edelbrock and I don’t feel like I should have to tear into it, but I’m not sure what else it could be. The choke opens and closes as designed, and it starts just fine. It just hates being asked for throttle until it’s completely warmed up. About to call a pro - because I’ve exhausted my knowledge base.

It’s getting way more tempting to take the Marauder or the 1990 Super Coupe I just bought.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    The big annual swap meet is this weekend. Can't go till after work tomorrow, Might find something to buy.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    The C-10 is CONTINUALLY trying to say "take another car" to us. At least that's how it seems. Got a puncture in one of the brand new tires, plugged that, then it started running rough. New plugs and fuel pressure regulator and it's running better, but then I pull out of the garage and notice a sizable puddle of coolant on the floor. That ended up being a loose hose clamp...but it's just odd that all of this stuff is happening a month before HRPT. The truck has otherwise been dead-ass reliable. Done more wrenching on this thing in the past two days than I have in the past year.

Did you ever pop in to Miller? Just curious.
    Hey, at least all the bad stuff is happening at home instead of on the road. Get all the bugs worked out now.

I did call Miller and spoke to the guy for about a half hour. He recommended getting one of the major manufacturer's kits and if something needed to be fabbed, he'd be able to take care of that for me. Thanks for the heads up on them. Real nice guy. I'm planning on doing the install on Monday so we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    The C-10 is CONTINUALLY trying to say "take another car" to us. At least that's how it seems. Got a puncture in one of the brand new tires, plugged that, then it started running rough. New plugs and fuel pressure regulator and it's running better, but then I pull out of the garage and notice a sizable puddle of coolant on the floor. That ended up being a loose hose clamp...but it's just odd that all of this stuff is happening a month before HRPT. The truck has otherwise been dead-ass reliable. Done more wrenching on this thing in the past two days than I have in the past year.

I planned on doing it myself. As long as my buddy lets me use his lift.
    Did you ever pop in to Miller? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Nice! Are you installing those yourself?
    I planned on doing it myself. As long as my buddy lets me use his lift.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    New shiny parts for the Cutlass came today! Click image for larger version

Name:	pypes.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	1241677
    Nice! Are you installing those yourself?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    New shiny parts for the Cutlass came today! Click image for larger version

Name:	pypes.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	1241677

Leave a comment:

• novadriver
    replied
    My Nova is running behind schedule this year. had problems with the first engine swap so i will be putting in another one this week and then still have all new A-Arms, tie rods and aline the front end yet. but I think we will make it.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Well the down pipes came for the Cutlass this weekend. Now we just need everything behind that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X