Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minor update:.....dart block arrived, honed, notched for longer rods, AFR heads arrived, checked, assembled, Eagle rotating assembly arrived, Mahle pistons, waiting on cam this week, short block should go together then, followed by Edelbrock maniold, new carb, aluminum water pump, new flywheel and clutch assembly, new oil pump and pan, etc......we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
      minor update:.....dart block arrived, honed, notched for longer rods, AFR heads arrived, checked, assembled, Eagle rotating assembly arrived, Mahle pistons, waiting on cam this week, short block should go together then, followed by Edelbrock maniold, new carb, aluminum water pump, new flywheel and clutch assembly, new oil pump and pan, etc......we'll see
      Dang... man u got some work cut out for yourself!
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0166.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	867727Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0165.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	867728Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0164.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	867729you late to turn back now

Comment

To Late

Yes your correct about that. I wished I had the welder for stuff like that. I have the little feeded welder but no gas for it yet. Good luck and hope it's done by June.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18598[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18599[/ATTACH]you late to turn back now
            Are you redoing your firewall for aftermarket A/C?
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
              Are you redoing your firewall for aftermarket A/C?
              Shoot.... That's exactly what Jade needs....
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

yeah I'm smooth it out the firewall for Vintage Air anew wiring harness and I think it's going to be a Dakota analog dash I always push it to the last minute but I'll get it done

Comment

Name:	IMAG0169.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	867751[ATTACH=CONFIG]CHtomorrow I'm going to try to finish up the firewall and I have a few small issues on the bottom of the doors
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by classicbern1; March 1, 2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

My car needs gas, a cooler with ice and beer, and some lawn chairs.
                    OH YEAH
                    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

ANDY, Why don't you just lower the seat and the guages would look much better..AND you, the driver, would look much cooler also..And Bucky, if you lower your seat we won't see you coming, just Jade with no driver.. But do know I still love ya brother..

Oh yea, I need tires since the Power Tour isn't in my backyard...And I'll get an alignment also..
                      Last edited by street72; March 1, 2013, 08:28 PM.
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Lower !

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                        ANDY, Why don't you just lower the seat and the guages would look much better..AND you, the driver, would look much cooler also..And Bucky, if you lower your seat we won't see you coming, just Jade with no driver.. But do know I still love ya brother..

Oh yea, I need tires since the Power Tour isn't in my backyard...And I'll get an alignment also..
                        It's as low as I would want it right now. It sits good to me. I think I'm going to have the upholstry guy do a cover for it.

Comment

Let's see, muffler bearings, drive shalf relay and carb balancer, yep that should do it I think.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Parts

Going to Myrtle Beach on the 13 to the car show. Planning to pickup new spark plug wires, cap, front disc brake rotor's with grooves new bearing's for the front as well since I will have it a part.

Comment

Fittings

I can now inflat the rear bags from the cab. I wired a momentary electric switch into the GM Delco Pleasure lift guage. Works great but I need to add a small light so I can see it at night now.

Name:	IMG_1814.JPG
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	867922Click image for larger version

Name:	air bag 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	867921

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                                1- Replace Bearings on my 468 BB
                                2- Replaced all gaskets
                                3- Inspect all internals
                                4- Replace Everything in my drivetrain that say's "Keisler" with American Powertrain (Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Hydraulic Lines, Hydraulic Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder)
                                5- Install the new American Wiring Harness for the interior and the gauge cluster

I'm thinking that's it for now.... Pending what I find, I may try to accomplish a few more things if my budget permits it.
                                Progress report?

Comment

Working...
                                X