Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dave
    replied
    Finishing the disc brake conversion, mounting new wheels and tires and various other smaller items and the GTO will be ready.

Leave a comment:

• F100
    replied
    I got like 1/4 of my “to do” list done... So it still needs quite a lot, but front disk and the 9 inch is built and installed, Cal Tracs on the way...At least it will stop turn and go...
    Last edited by F100; April 3, 2019, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    The starter has been rebuilt and is ready to go back into the car. Donna and I are going to run down to Summit Racing to pick up a heat shield for the starter. Only things left are the exhaust, put the passenger seat back in the car and put the new chrome trim on the drivers seat. Apparently, the rear main is leaking again but that will probably be put off until another time. I don't want to pull the motor again.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    New chrome on the trim pieces of the recovered seat. It's almost ready to go back in the car.

Leave a comment:

• w7s
    replied
    need to finish engine swap waiting for coil pak harness get running then the tuner

Leave a comment:

• elcaminogirl59
    replied
    Actually, Vic's son managed to get registered for Drag Week. He'll be running an S10 pickup. Vic will ride with him and I will be driving support vehicle (Sassy the El Camino) and hauling luggage and stuff. Possibly running to parts stores if needed!!! We have a full summer. Power Tour plus Cars and Cones in June, Drag Week in September, Delaware and Hampton, Va., in May, beach in late September or October. We'll be busy!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• corvettedad
    replied
    Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
    Don't know which vehicle we're bringing yet, so don't know what we need!!! If we bring the El Camino, I'd like to have the seat recovered and some pinstriping done, but don't know if I'll get it accomplished or not!!

BTW, we're doing Drag Week this year!!!
    Drag week! What car are y'all running?

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Now we're down to getting the starter rebuilt, replacing all the chrome trim on the seats and a new exhaust. The exhaust will have to wait until we get the car back to Ohio in the spring.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Don't know which vehicle we're bringing yet, so don't know what we need!!! If we bring the El Camino, I'd like to have the seat recovered and some pinstriping done, but don't know if I'll get it accomplished or not!!

I can recommend a good seat cover man.....boB!!

Whatcha takin' to the tracks?

Leave a comment:

• a_d_a_m
    replied
    Thanks...the truck keeps moving along. Got a bed box constructed and a rear bumper made up from some flat stock. It's not pretty, nor is it fast, but it is ours! lolol

I'd hope you are - it is right in your backyard! :D

Leave a comment:

• elcaminogirl59
    replied

Last edited by elcaminogirl59; March 9, 2019, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elcaminogirl59
    replied
    Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    I made a list. It's pretty short, to be honest...I think we are damn near ready.

Hell, some of these are cosmetic, and that's like polishing a turd...

I might throw some new shocks on the front just 'cuz.
    Cool truck, Adam! Can't wait to see it in person!

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Success and only two bandaids! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190309_160950.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1236202Click image for larger version

Name:	20190309_155825.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	1236203

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied
    Originally posted by PLRXPLRX View Post

..and next year. I bet HRPT will head back to the GM proving grounds
    I've heard that the proving grounds have gone back to not letting anyone in there that isn't an employee.

Leave a comment:

• PLRXPLRX
    replied
    Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
    Looks like we're going to head up to Michigan next week so we'll get the seat reupholstered so that will be one thing off the list.
    ..and next year. I bet HRPT will head back to the GM proving grounds

Leave a comment:

Working...
X