Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vista461 View Post
    Did a 40 mile drive the other day,(longest since the car has been on the road), other than some carb tuning it seems mechanically good to go. Need to finish up some trim and other minor issues, but I should be good for Power Tour !
    Love those 64's, especially the finish panel and tail lights. Classic!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
      ^Nice!

lol @ build and buy trailer... are ya gonna build it or buy it (I think you mean buy a trailer and modify it, but I just thought that was funny).
      Bought a Harbor Freight trailer today and have a roof carrier to put on it... So buy and build should have been they way out was said
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Finished installing new ac lines on my truck......hopefully will get the vacuum pulled wednesday..................
        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post

Love those 64's, especially the finish panel and tail lights. Classic!
          Thanks! I've always loved them. This is my fourth one and only the second that's been in the road.
          Last edited by Vista461; April 5, 2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

dug myself a deeper whole...was trying to change some sensors and stuff out and found a fuel leak, coming from the cold start injector or tube. Going to delete it, drive the car in summer only, and parts aren't available, can reverse if i need to at a later time. But in the mean time the cold injector bolt is completely stripped. Going to try to do the chisel method tomorrow to try to get it out.

Also while in there changing the distributor o ring, where i might have a oil leak, and doing all the fuel injectors. Lets hope i don't screw anything up, first time i have dove into an engine this big, wish me luck

Also lost a set of bolts and screws for the bumper plus a reflector at some point when it was off for repaint. so need to get all that re bought, before i can put it back on the car.

OH and the trailer when i opened it to assemble it was all scratched so have to return it and start all over there again.

hope to have the car on the road in 3 weeks

Wish me luck!
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

My problem now is work... I'm doing 11-12 hour days to try to catch up and will likely be working all weekend again...
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Got word my sail panels are in. Picking them up Monday. Last interior pieces for the car, other than the visor mounts, which I thought I still had but can't find.

Comment

Installed an 8 track player ...

Comment

almost done dial in msd efi charge ac and some test miles

Comment

• I was happy to see that my T5 looked great after +/-4,000 miles. No noticeable wear at all (and it shouldn't at the mileage, but this was my first transmission rebuild). I did replace the input shaft "just in case" the pilot bearing input was worn and maybe that was my vibration cause. It got a new bearing and re-shimmed as well.

The trans is back in the car, oil pan on, driveshaft bolted up.

Started to tackle the wiring. So glad the previous owner spent the $ on a correct factory style harness, so everything is "new" and I can just look up what the wires are for. I've added a ton of accessories to the car so I wanted to hide and re-tape everything. I've added Vintage Air, hidden stereo (kept AM in dash), 1 wire alternator, mini starter (extra wiring), electric fan, pertronix, aux. gauges and tach, and soon to be power trunk popper and door locks.
                      Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 13, 2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• I also finished prepping the new fan. All of the wiring is done except for a power wire under the dash. It's a 2 speed derale with a mad enterprise controller.

My car has had trouble "pulling air through" the radiator and condenser (failed the "sheet of paper" test horribly with the clutch fan unless you spun the car up to 1200+ RPM) It was a factory air car and the original condenser was much smaller and fit up against the radiator. The Vintage Air unit is large and can't be put up against the radiator. So I think that rather than pull the air through the condenser, it was pulling it from the easiest place it could... the open space between the two.

So I stuffed the opening all the way around the condenser, put the radiator back in, and hooked it up to the battery. HUGE difference in air pull. Kinda wish I had done it before with the stock clutch fan...

Anyway, she's starting to look like a car again. I did go to work for about 10 hours this weekend. I should be somewhat "caught up" now and will have the old girl off the jack stands this weekend.
                        Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 13, 2015, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• She Lives!!! Shelby rides again!

Comment

• Friendly reminder to all you Power Tour'ers, check your wheel bearings!! Second year in a row going on the Anti-Tour I've had the front left wheel bearing go out on me. Last year was the Skylark.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• "Gettin' at it!"

I've had the PS and back seat redone for about a year. I finally got around to the DS seat this weekend. Cleaned up and painted the seat tracks and installed the new TMI upholstery (custom color combo, no such thing as dark blue/white Pony Interior). Dash wiring is next, waiting on new Vintage Air Ducts to complete that, should hopefully be there by this weekend (I somehow lost some of my ducting and the dash is so "tight" I can't install the dash until the ducts are in.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                                "Gettin' at it!"

I've had the PS and back seat redone for about a year. I finally got around to the DS seat this weekend. Cleaned up and painted the seat tracks and installed the new TMI upholstery (custom color combo, no such thing as dark blue/white Pony Interior). Dash wiring is next, waiting on new Vintage Air Ducts to complete that, should hopefully be there by this weekend (I somehow lost some of my ducting and the dash is so "tight" I can't install the dash until the ducts are in.)
                                That looks really sharp! Hope to see it in person.
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X