Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
    well, if it's the 69 Camaro that goes on the tour.......just starting an engine building process......about a 434 small block, AFR heads, pretty good cam, etc.....hope to get 675 hp out if it....and, hope it's ready for the tour......rexx
    Progress report?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      Progress report?
      Jade has been packed away. I highly doubt that I'll get to any of my list. I'll just have to baby the clutch and hope for the best...... Ha!!

I've been too busy working on another project...... Sadly, that's how life goes.
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

--As of this posting--
        -installed new wheel bearings
        -installed hydro boost braking system
        -painted backing plates
        -installed MSD box and coil under dash
        -installed Vintage Air unit
        -Installed Front Runner System w/powdercoated brackets
        -installed Painless Wiring Kit
        -powdercoated front inner fenders
        -smoothed & painted firewall
        -painted wiper motor
        ------TO DEW LIST-----
        -install motor & trans
        -install hydraulic clutch
        -install carbon fiber dash w/gauges
        -undercoat rear end
        -install gas tank
        -install rear coil over shocks
        -install new TMI door panels
        -install new chrome steering column w/wheel
        -install new Boze wheels and Nitto tires
        -install dash pad

Read more: http://forums.hotrod.com/hot-rod/70/...#ixzz3UkxbnKZO
        Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook
        69 SS

Comment

Get to work -
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Remove/Reseal intake (leaking oil out front/back from dried up cork gasket) - I fixed rear main seal last year, so I also want to verify that's not leaking again before I replace the flywheel/clutch, if it is, I can redo it when the trans is out.

Replace flywheel/Clutch

Install electric fan

Finish interior (almost done).

I'm starting this weekend with the intake. Hope to realistically be done in a month or so with it all for some serious shake down time.
            Last edited by Jesse James 80; March 18, 2015, 11:44 AM.
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Finally, the EFI is working properly, thanks to Holley, and Hot Rod to the Rescue! Now, need to install hydraulic clutch kit, oil filter relocation kit, rebuild rear brakes...but need to get new shop finished first, and am getting a new knee next week, so, we'll see how much I can get done!
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post
                Finally, the EFI is working properly, thanks to Holley, and Hot Rod to the Rescue! Now, need to install hydraulic clutch kit, oil filter relocation kit, rebuild rear brakes...but need to get new shop finished first, and am getting a new knee next week, so, we'll see how much I can get done!
                Has it already been the write up been put in an issue of Hot Rod mag yet? I would be interested in reading it.....it is probably my favorite section of the magazine now...........
                Last edited by 383S-10; March 21, 2015, 05:49 PM.
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

Has it already been the write up been put in an issue of Hot Rod mag yet? I would be interested in reading it.....it is probably my section of the magazine now...........
                  The article is in the April 2014 issue of the magazine, but the rest of the story is that even after the rescue, the Avenger EFI that I started with in the rescue article died on the way to Concord on HRPT 2014. We rode with friends to Concord, talked to Holley, showed them the Rescue article, and they replaced the Avenger with a new Intimidator system in Knoxville, and we ran the rest of the Tour, and the restof the summer problem free. Have run the car several times this winter, and the system has fired right up and run great!
                  Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                  Gregg and Deb Miller
                  Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post

Jade has been packed away. I highly doubt that I'll get to any of my list. I'll just have to baby the clutch and hope for the best...... Ha!!

I've been too busy working on another project...... Sadly, that's how life goes.

Jade is back? did i miss something here?
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post

Jade is back? did i miss something here?
                      Yes Scott the date of the post 5/6/2013.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

This will be my first Power Tour and it's been my inspiration to finally get my car on the road. Just recently took its first drive since I bought it as a rolling chassis with no interior in 2006.

Waiting for the sunvisors and sail panels to come in.
                        Mechanically so far what's left is:
                        Fix gas gauge
                        Speedo that is somewhere near reality would be nice otherwise it's smartphone with gps app
                        Add vacuum line to trans modulator so it'll shift. Lol
                        Put on new master cylinder.
                        Drive some more and find out what else needs fixin' .

Comment

I have to tidy up a few wiring issues, hookup Dakota digital speedometer converter. Change rubber hose fuel line to something better suited for heat and ethanol. About a days work if I would get off my butt and get busy. Take a short shake down trip.
                          I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by Vista461 View Post
                            This will be my first Power Tour and it's been my inspiration to finally get my car on the road. Just recently took its first drive since I bought it as a rolling chassis with no interior in 2006.

Waiting for the sunvisors and sail panels to come in.
                            Mechanically so far what's left is:
                            Fix gas gauge
                            Speedo that is somewhere near reality would be nice otherwise it's smartphone with gps app
                            Add vacuum line to trans modulator so it'll shift. Lol
                            Put on new master cylinder.
                            Drive some more and find out what else needs fixin' .
                            Good stuff but I didnt know what you where referencing....so I checked your profile.....and I must say I really like it......is it a Cutlass & which version? One thing my truck I need to add is a utility 12 volt power outlet to run GPS, phone, and mp3 player(yes i still have one) like I did in my Regal for the Power Tour..............
                            Last edited by 383S-10; March 21, 2015, 06:11 PM.
                            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

It's go time...

I pulled the intake to find not only an extremely clean valley, but intake as well. If it wasn't for the dried up brittle cork gasket pissing oil you wouldn't think anything was wrong. I had to do yard work (for you poor suckers still stuck with snow my grass was high enough to mow it!) and a little bit to the C10 so I didn't get the intake back on yet.
                              Last edited by Jesse James 80; March 22, 2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I also needed a better way to install my aluminum radiator... I didn't like how I've previously done it, so I made some brackets out of some flat bar. I formed a "U" for around the radiator, then added a top bar to attach it to the core support, then drilled some holes, plug welded the middle underneath, then then ends, and I think they look pretty cool. I also mocked up my electric fan. I couldn't find my install kit, so I called it a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X