Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Welcome back Steve - I was just wondering about ya the other day.
    IM BACK AND READY FOR SOME FUN
    69 SS

Comment

• Good to hear -- see ya in June

Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluestripe67 View Post
        Since this will be my 1st Tour I'll have a new conv top on, new valve springs and cruise control. Non of these are necessary, but it's a good reason to do over the winter.
        Welcome aboard the World Greatest Road Trio
        69 SS

Comment

• New Moser ring and pinion gear ordered for the SS. Took out the 3.25 and going with the 3.70. At 85 mph, the tach will now hover at 2200rpm...VERY NICE...Motor complete. Im pleased with the dyno numbers...Rear end should be shipped back to me by weeks end....HOW MANY DAYS, LOL...
          69 SS

Comment

• rpms sound low for 3,70 what do you have for od i have 3,25s with .70 od at 80 2290 rpms

Comment

• To talk my oldest son Robert into driving The Camaro so I can bring the Vette!!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by w7s View Post
                rpms sound low for 3,70 what do you have for od i have 3,25s with .70 od at 80 2290 rpms
                My tire diameter is 28.62 inches, 6th gear overdrive is .62, the rear gear is 3.70. So at the cruising altitude of 80mph, my rpm's will be 2157.....Hope this helps...With those numbers, your rear tire should be 23.4 inches....
                Last edited by A BAD SS; December 13, 2016, 07:07 AM.
                69 SS

Comment

• my tires are 26.5

Comment

• Originally posted by w7s View Post
                    my tires are 26.5
                    Oops. I put in at 70mph for your cruise speed. I use the Tremec RPM calculator app.
                    69 SS

Comment

• same here works good can show customers were there going to be with gear change or trans swap

Comment

• Taking the SSBC calipers off to freshen them up with new powdercoating. They're gota be "pretty" again...When l disassemble them, ill inspect pistons and seals. Bought new pads for front and rears also.
                        69 SS

Comment

• All I need to do is change the oil in my blower. Surprisingly no new rear tires this year.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            ... Surprisingly no new rear tires this year.
                            Yeah, last year sort of sucked with the lengthened tire longevity!

Comment

• I have the correct A/C compressor mount bushings...no more eating belts.

Need to also sort out the lack of braking performance....either need a different master or the pads are glazed.

Regardless, it's a much shorter list than last year.
                              Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
                              1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
                              2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

• Dropped off new oil pan for powder coating. Should get it back soon along with calipers. Then l can get motor back in the car. Got Moser center section back. Painted it and installed. Wheel bearings replaced....
                                69 SS

Comment

Working...
                                X