Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you all are having luck this coming week, so you can enjoy the tour! Looking forward to the stories and pictures!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Hopefully all we have to do is finish packing the car. I'm heading to Michigan tonight after work.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Still broken. Drove my 71 50 miles on the highway yesterday. Forgot just how bad it is. 3200 rpm and no idea just how far off the speedometer is. Know I wasn't going 80/90 mph.
        Worked late to get ready for vacation, came home to change clothes before working on car and take a snack break ended up falling asleep watching tv. Good chance for rain tonight and tomorrow.
        Last edited by stu yoakam; June 7, 2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Got it back together and made it 400+ miles today. Another 350 tomorrow gets us to Bowling Green.
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Got all but one lug nut off using various methods. The last one I used a threaded(left hand) socket but it wasn't tight enough and it only loosened the chrome/stainless coating not the actual nut. Now it won't come back off and a lug nut is stuck in my 7/8" socket. One thing after another. I got new lug nuts for this wheel might have to replace the others eventually. Then I have to hope the spindle nut comes off.

Comment

• Got the last lug nut off. I stuffed grease in the socket and shoved a big bolt in and the jacket popped loose of the nut. It is still stuck in the socket. Wheel didn't want to come off so I had to put some weight back on it. Broke the spindle nut loose and now taking a break while I soak the caliper bracket bolts with PB blaster. My favorite spray and its non flammable. After re-watching youtube several times I finally got the belt on right. It needs a sticker under the hood. I waited till I had a new belt.

Comment

• Got the car all back together not counting the splash pan and I need a bunch of plastic rivets for the smaller pan that attaches to the nose. Got everything done and torqued. Magically its not any better/different than it was before. Then its probably something else, but it sure feels like its the wheel. Oh well just ignore it and it will go away I guess.

Comment

• If you pound a small chisel through the head of the lug nut all the way around it crimps the jacket to the core and then you can use a socket to remove it. But like I said it has to be hammered on and then you have to get them apart. It cost a hundred dollars to "rent" the torque wrench. If I return it I get all the money back on my card. If I want one amazon has the same one for $60 just have to wait for delivery. Don't really need it TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                    You could almost get a vintage air kit for that kind of money. Shop wants $825 to install my true trac and new gears(same ratio; old ring gear is chipped). I only paid $200-250? for them a year ago. Seems high to me. I have seen whole set ups for $1000-1200. Need to find one of those guys that works for beer. My charger alternator quit. Having trouble getting the bolts out. When I jacked up the car I noticed the rf wheel is loose might need a hub/bearing.
                    Shop said bearings would be over two hundred. Jegs has yukon kit for $129 and another brand for $145 with the crush sleeve ring gear bolts, etc... My axles are Yukon and they are pretty good.

Comment

• New Radiator is still in the box along with new Powermaster mini starter...Old radiator has been removed. Have to also install the new O2 sensor in the exhaust. And change oil...Its just 2 Kold out in the garage rite now....#Chicagoweather
                      69 SS

Comment

• still have to install new engine

Comment

• Well, we put new speakers in and got the radio wired correctly. We still have to reupholster the passenger seat and get the starter rebuilt.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            Well, we put new speakers in and got the radio wired correctly. We still have to reupholster the passenger seat and get the starter rebuilt.
                            I have to move the speakers from middle to outside if I want to use my "new" dash pad. DD has a random misfire code and Idk what to do about. Did plugs coils, damaged wire on one coil timing belt and water pump. Also intake and valve cover gaskets and PCV valve as it was stuck.

Comment

• I got the steering column installed. Brakes are next.

Comment

• I'll need to do a full set of fluid changes & cleaning on the wagon. Fresh fluids for Trans/rear axle/cooling system/brakes. Fresh plugs and wires too. Previous owner says he never did any of those (since 2004) "because the car runs great" Which is does. Drove it home 385 miles from South Dakota to Wisconsin in November -Zero issues and 14.5 mpg.
                                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                                79 Trans Am project
                                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                                X