Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that's why I said 'avoid'!!! :D He was a total hack and I kept breaking muffler hangers. If you can't weld those, what the hell CAN you do?

I just remembered...Miller Automotive (the place that did the C10 exhaust that we are happy with) is owned by an Olds enthusiast. He may be worth a look.

My bad, I missed the "avoid" in your post. LOL.

I'll give Miller a call in the spring when we get the car here. It's got the factory Olds megaphone tips on it that go through the bumper and I want to make sure that those are kept on the car.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by Shep48COE View Post

If you can weld I recommend Summit Racing® Universal Rod Builder Exhaust Kits SUM-670146

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-670146
      I wish I was a good welder. I'm more of a hack so I'd rather have a professional do this job.
      I R Bob
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
        Maybe it’s time for headers on the Cutlass? The new ones are sure nice compared to back in the day when they leaked and stuff.
        I don't think Donna wants to put headers on it. It's got the fancy factory Olds manifold/headers on it now.
        I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          I'll give Miller a call in the spring when we get the car here. It's got the factory Olds megaphone tips on it that go through the bumper and I want to make sure that those are kept on the car.
          Tell him Adam with the Marauder and all the Crown Vics sent ya. He's done a few jobs for me - anything I don't wanna do myself usually goes to him.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• My car needs to run, then get some tuning
            Long Haul 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
              My car needs to run, then get some tuning
              Hey, I recognize this username... :D

Comment

• I made a list. It's pretty short, to be honest...I think we are damn near ready.

Hell, some of these are cosmetic, and that's like polishing a turd...

I might throw some new shocks on the front just 'cuz.

Comment

• Everything has been covered from tires, AAA, chow, cash to music. Nowadays having the Waze App is a must.

PETE
                  2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

• Looks like we're going to head up to Michigan next week so we'll get the seat reupholstered so that will be one thing off the list.
                    I R Bob

Comment

• over the fall season, engine was rebuilt.....inspection revealed metal in oil, a couple of cam lobes destroyed, metal scoring on cylinder walls....anyway, engine rebuild is done and dyno'd...would like to have valve covers spiffed up (son-in-law does powder coating), and maybe one seat re-covered; other than that, once it comes out of storage, should be good to go....I hope........rexx!
                      Last edited by rexdogg; February 1, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        Looks like we're going to head up to Michigan next week so we'll get the seat reupholstered so that will be one thing off the list.
                        ..and next year. I bet HRPT will head back to the GM proving grounds
                        PETE
                        2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

• Originally posted by PLRXPLRX View Post

..and next year. I bet HRPT will head back to the GM proving grounds
                          I've heard that the proving grounds have gone back to not letting anyone in there that isn't an employee.
                          I R Bob

Comment

• Success and only two bandaids! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190309_160950.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1236202Click image for larger version

Name:	20190309_155825.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	836.5 KB
ID:	1236203
                            I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                              I made a list. It's pretty short, to be honest...I think we are damn near ready.

Hell, some of these are cosmetic, and that's like polishing a turd...

I might throw some new shocks on the front just 'cuz.
                              Cool truck, Adam! Can't wait to see it in person!
                              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Don't know which vehicle we're bringing yet, so don't know what we need!!! If we bring the El Camino, I'd like to have the seat recovered and some pinstriping done, but don't know if I'll get it accomplished or not!!

BTW, we're doing Drag Week this year!!!
                                Last edited by elcaminogirl59; March 9, 2019, 03:48 PM.
                                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                                X