Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks...the truck keeps moving along. Got a bed box constructed and a rear bumper made up from some flat stock. It's not pretty, nor is it fast, but it is ours! lolol

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
    BTW, we're doing Drag Week this year!!!
    I'd hope you are - it is right in your backyard! :D
    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
      Don't know which vehicle we're bringing yet, so don't know what we need!!! If we bring the El Camino, I'd like to have the seat recovered and some pinstriping done, but don't know if I'll get it accomplished or not!!

I can recommend a good seat cover man.....boB!!

Whatcha takin' to the tracks?
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Now we're down to getting the starter rebuilt, replacing all the chrome trim on the seats and a new exhaust. The exhaust will have to wait until we get the car back to Ohio in the spring.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
          Don't know which vehicle we're bringing yet, so don't know what we need!!! If we bring the El Camino, I'd like to have the seat recovered and some pinstriping done, but don't know if I'll get it accomplished or not!!

Drag week! What car are y'all running?
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Actually, Vic's son managed to get registered for Drag Week. He'll be running an S10 pickup. Vic will ride with him and I will be driving support vehicle (Sassy the El Camino) and hauling luggage and stuff. Possibly running to parts stores if needed!!! We have a full summer. Power Tour plus Cars and Cones in June, Drag Week in September, Delaware and Hampton, Va., in May, beach in late September or October. We'll be busy!!!!!!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• need to finish engine swap waiting for coil pak harness get running then the tuner

Comment

• New chrome on the trim pieces of the recovered seat. It's almost ready to go back in the car.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• The starter has been rebuilt and is ready to go back into the car. Donna and I are going to run down to Summit Racing to pick up a heat shield for the starter. Only things left are the exhaust, put the passenger seat back in the car and put the new chrome trim on the drivers seat. Apparently, the rear main is leaking again but that will probably be put off until another time. I don't want to pull the motor again.
                  I R Bob

Comment

• I got like 1/4 of my “to do” list done... So it still needs quite a lot, but front disk and the 9 inch is built and installed, Cal Tracs on the way...At least it will stop turn and go...
                    Last edited by F100; April 3, 2019, 05:10 PM.
                    Robert

Comment

• Finishing the disc brake conversion, mounting new wheels and tires and various other smaller items and the GTO will be ready.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• So...it runs, just need to figure out why there was a fire in the engine bay yesterday.
                        Long Haul 2012

Comment

• I ordered the new 18" spare wheel & tire yesterday for the 64 Impala. A few weeks ago I installed new head lights. Going to make a pre tour run in it to Mississippi May 1 with my dad for the Jerry Clower Festival in Yazoo City.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New headlightsHigh.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1239881

Attached Files
                          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• I think most everything has been done, but there seems always to be something else. My friend who was my navigator last year is driving his own car this year. It is a '64 but looks just like my '65 while mine is a '65. We have taken a few road trips lately checking out what has been done and what still needs to be done. I think today we will be looking at bushings that may be worn. I think he biggest thing my needs is a good waxing while his needs paint on the trunk lid. Of course there may be something else.

Comment

• Well basically the only thing I know for sure is we're going.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Front suspension and steering are all apart waiting on some backordered steering arms. Engine should be assembled next week. Yea, it's gonna be close. My wife went in 2015 and says she wants to go this year, which means the car has to be wifey comfy, not just car guy tolerable. Wish me luck.

Oh and we have to swap front springs and a rear end on the 2nd HRPT car in the family.
                                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X