Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lightning and Cutlass are both in Ohio now but the truck needs new back tires again.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      The Lightning and Cutlass are both in Ohio now but the truck needs new back tires again.
      Yeah, we saw the video evidence..... nice!
      Last edited by silver_bullet; April 15, 2019, 05:05 AM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• I was feeling pretty good about the '62 until a couple of days ago.

Took it to work in the morning and wasn't hot-dogging it at all, but felt like something might be amiss in the TH350. Shuddered SUPER BAD in first gear (like someone who can't drive stickshift if that makes sense). Problem went away as the truck warmed up (about five minutes into the drive). Frustratingly, I could not duplicate this when I drove the truck later that day (from a completely cold startup).

New filter and fluid was done before it went into storage, level looks good and doesn't smell/look burnt.

Luckily, the Marauder (Plan B) has brand new headers on it and is running like a champ.
        2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
        1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
        1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Adam, we're going to try and take the Cutlass to Miller's on Monday if the weather holds out.
          I R Bob
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Adam, we're going to try and take the Cutlass to Miller's on Monday if the weather holds out.
            Forecast looks great for Monday. Hope he can help you.

Comment

• My dang Camaro will not pass emissions here........... I am getting super frustrated...... it's just the "readiness" for evap and one O2 sensor, although I've taken it through drive cycles, replaced the 02 sensors it just keeps not passing readiness.............

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                My dang Camaro will not pass emissions here........... I am getting super frustrated...... it's just the "readiness" for evap and one O2 sensor, although I've taken it through drive cycles, replaced the 02 sensors it just keeps not passing readiness.............
                What to do if my OBD computer is “Not Ready” for retest?

A vehicle’s on-board diagnostic (OBD) computer may indicate “Not Ready” as a result of recent maintenance or if the vehicle’s battery has recently been replaced or disconnected. No repairs or diagnostic analysis may be needed if a vehicle fails the initial inspection due to being “Not Ready.”

Most common reasons for “Not Ready”:
                • The vehicle’s battery was recently disconnected or replaced.
                • The vehicle’s battery is in a low state of charge.
                • The vehicle was recently serviced and a scan tool was used to clear diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information.
                • The vehicle’s OBD computer requires a software update.
                • A pending problem with the emissions control system has yet to turn on the “Check Engine” light.
                • An improperly installed aftermarket system – examples include, but are not limited to, a CD player, security system, navigation system, and/or satellite radio.

In order to “Ready” a readiness monitor, the vehicle needs to operate in a way that will allow the emissions control system to be evaluated. For most vehicles, setting the readiness monitors to “Ready” will require the fuel level in the fuel tank to be between 25 percent and 75 percent and a cold start. A cold start means the vehicle should not be operated for approximately eight hours, allowing the vehicle’s engine temperature to equalize with the outside air temperature. After a cold start, the vehicle should be operated at normal conditions for one to two weeks with some highway driving.

If after completing the above steps the vehicle’s readiness monitors are still reading “Not Ready,” check the following components:
                • The wiring on any installed aftermarket system to ensure there is no interference with the OBD computer or battery.
                • All fuses.
                • The vehicle’s thermostat; especially the temperature of the coolant/antifreeze.
                • All recalls, technical service bulletins (TSBs), extended warranties related to the emissions control system and the OBD computer.
                • Have a diagnostic analysis performed with an OBD II generic scan tool; connecting to the data link connector (DLC) under the dash, not under the hood.
                • The vehicle was recently serviced and a scan tool was used to clear diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information.
                • The vehicle’s OBD computer requires a software update.
                • A pending problem with the emissions control system has yet to turn on the “Check Engine” light. Check for pending codes using a scan tool.
                • An improperly installed aftermarket system – examples include, but are not limited to, a CD player, security system, navigation system, and/or satellite radio.

You may be able to obtain a copy of your vehicle’s “drive cycle” from your vehicle manufacturer or other source. You may also find information regarding your vehicle’s “drive cycle” in the owner’s manual.

If emissions-related repairs meet or exceed $918, you may qualify for a Repair Waiver.

Return to the original inspection station for a free retest within 30 calendar days of initial test. The 30 days includes the day of your first test and expires at the time of day of the original test.

Note: Federal law requires that the OBD computer and catalytic converter on 1995 and newer vehicles be warranted by the manufacturer for eight years or 80,000 miles.

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Ordered the new exhaust for the Cutlass yesterday. That should be the last thing that we need to take care of before we go.
                  I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                    felt like something might be amiss in the TH350. Shuddered SUPER BAD in first gear (like someone who can't drive stickshift if that makes sense). Problem went away as the truck warmed up (about five minutes into the drive). Frustratingly, I could not duplicate this when I drove the truck later that day (from a completely cold startup).
                    Had some time to tinker with the truck and found out that I was able to duplicate this issue with the truck in neutral. That rules out a trans issue. Leaning toward fuel now - possibly a bad pressure regulator or filter...or maybe that electric pump. I'll get it figured out.

Comment

• Well I took the Impala over to my friends shop to do the oil change and grease the front end. Right rear brake had gear dope in it. So I pulled the axle and cut the lock collar off and pressed the bearing off. New bearing will be here in the morning. Should be good to go by end of the day. Got the oil changed and greased up. Everything looks good Mississippi bound Wed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64 rear bearing replacement2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1241269

Attached Files
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Well the down pipes came for the Cutlass this weekend. Now we just need everything behind that.
                        I R Bob

Comment

• My Nova is running behind schedule this year. had problems with the first engine swap so i will be putting in another one this week and then still have all new A-Arms, tie rods and aline the front end yet. but I think we will make it.

Comment

• New shiny parts for the Cutlass came today! Click image for larger version

Name:	pypes.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	1241677
                            I R Bob

Comment

New shiny parts for the Cutlass came today! Click image for larger version

Name:	pypes.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	1241677
                              Nice! Are you installing those yourself?
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Nice! Are you installing those yourself?
                                I planned on doing it myself. As long as my buddy lets me use his lift.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X