Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the new filter have a flow arrow on it? If not, you might try to swap it end for end. Could save you the cost of another filter.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Does the new filter have a flow arrow on it? If not, you might try to swap it end for end. Could save you the cost of another filter.
      I talked to my good friend this morning over breakfast. He is retired mechanic and is the guy who helped me build my 71 c 10. He told me to crank it up and warm up then hold the choke closed and work the throttle a few times to blow out the carb. On the 3 time doing it I herd it spit out something and instantly I could tell a difference in it running. I put the breather back on it and drove it with no filter and it ran great. So I put the filter back in it and it ran good again so I hope it all done now.
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Hope so!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
          You don't need no stinking vacuum advance.
          Hope you’re right.
          Put a brand new Delco advance on today. Runs the same as the old one. Disconnected it, capped the vac line off the carb, runs better than ever.
          Gonna just leave it plugged and run it without.
          (then start saving up to put a Coyote under the hood)
          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Well I finished the exhaust on the Cutlass today. Other than washing and waxing, she's ready to go!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pipes.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	931.5 KB
ID:	1242955
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Gotta finish installing the front brakes, and get some miles on her before heading out. New shocks arrive tomorrow, gotta bend new brake lines since my originals decided to quit.
              Long Haul 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                Gotta finish installing the front brakes, and get some miles on her before heading out. New shocks arrive tomorrow, gotta bend new brake lines since my originals decided to quit.
                Just don't cheap out and not replace the wheel cylinders and then regret it later. Ask me how I know.

Comment

• I installed the front brakes today, now to run a new rear brake line and fill the system.
                  Long Haul 2012

Comment

I installed the front brakes today, now to run a new rear brake line and fill the system.
                    Ooh, I see woodgrain!
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Ooh, I see woodgrain!
                      Long Haul 2012

Comment

If I can't get the C-10 reliable in the next couple of weeks, maybe I'll swing on the Squire so we can have a woodgrain party. Our cars are practically twins.

Comment

• C10 is back to being reliable. It was the pickup coil after all.

I finally moved on to get the A/C working. :D

Not sure if this will work well, but it's cheap enough that it was worth it.

Comment

• Well, I thought we were ready. I found out the exhaust manifolds were cracked and warped. New manifolds on order and we should have them tomorrow.
                            I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              Well, I thought we were ready. I found out the exhaust manifolds were cracked and warped. New manifolds on order and we should have them tomorrow.
                              Think ZOOMIES

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Think ZOOMIES
                                I was looking at headers but apparently, people that make headers for Oldsmobiles, think they're made of gold.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X