Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

I was looking at headers but apparently, people that make headers for Oldsmobiles, think they're made of gold.
    Being a Ford guy - I would have thought you would have grown accustom to premium pricing

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Being a Ford guy - I would have thought you would have grown accustom to premium pricing
      True. You should see what they want for flatty parts.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Nailhead and Mopar parts are high too. I don’t know what my car needs yet because we still haven’t got it out. The weather has just been crappy.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Joining this thread late, but things are moving along...
          Recent action:
          New wheels/tires, gear change with Eaton posi install, leaks fixed, dented fender replaced.
          Still needed:
          New carpet install, wet sand new fender and polish whole truck, new bed cover install, and of course, fill up both tanks!

Comment

• It runs and the new brakes work, but since it's all new front suspension...it needs an alignment, and it's difficult to drive.
            I need a tune, and that is happening next week.
            Long Haul 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
              Nailhead and Mopar parts are high too. I don’t know what my car needs yet because we still haven’t got it out. The weather has just been crappy.
              Haven't had the Wagon out of the garage yet either. All the basics check fine in the garage. Oil change tomorrow and then maybe a few warm up miles. The road trip from Sioux Falls to home last fall was enough wheel time to prove the car is ready for the Long Haul. There's a few minor changes I'd like to make, but nothing that's necessary for the trip.
              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
              79 Trans Am project
              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• .....a good bath

Comment

• Mine needs another bath too -- 3 days of cleaning and waxing then 2 + days of rain driving to and from work.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I changed the torque converter in the wagon today. The lock up in the old one quit working. All the transmission shops were behind, so I did it myself. This old man is tired.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                      I changed the torque converter in the wagon today. The lock up in the old one quit working. All the transmission shops were behind, so I did it myself. This old man is tired.
                      But the price was right !
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

• My car needs a good looking 25 yr old Babe to drive me around on PT this year...........anybody got a spare?
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• I thought mine was ready but plan A has gone to plan B which is my 71 C 10 again. I've been busy this week getting oil & filter changed. Then one of my rear end air bags popped so I ordered those Monday and got them today and reinstalled it's driving like it's on air again! I messed with the damn CPP rear disc brakes again and the pedal still feels like goo it just don't feel right but it does stop the truck and the brake light isn't coming on any more. I also had exhaust mounts fixed. Get the front end looked at this Monday and I fixed the cruise control also.Click image for larger version

Name:	61459722_2366744176725439_1456951386108329984_n.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1244576
                          Attached Files
                          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Water pump sprung a leak. Ordered new Stewart pump from Vintage Air. Delivery scheduled for today. Time to swap it out from frontrunner kit. Ugggggh. But better it happened now that a week from now.
                            69 SS

Comment

• Our 'trunk' is ready, and fits our beer cooler just fine.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Nice to see you're focused on the important things, Adam!!!! Our "trunk" is ready, too: plastic totes to protect everything in case it rains!!
                                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                                X