Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your car need b4 the power tour?

I need bucket seat springs, cushions & covers for that "brand new seat feel" for my 69 Chevelle.
    Last edited by A BAD SS; January 23, 2013, 04:09 PM.
    69 SS

That Chevelle don't need nothin' but open road - 1 2 8 and counting.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

1- Replace Bearings on my 468 BB
      2- Replaced all gaskets
      3- Inspect all internals
      4- Replace Everything in my drivetrain that say's "Keisler" with American Powertrain (Clutch, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Hydraulic Lines, Hydraulic Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder)
      5- Install the new American Wiring Harness for the interior and the gauge cluster

I'm thinking that's it for now.... Pending what I find, I may try to accomplish a few more things if my budget permits it.
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

For the '70 El Camino that I hope to take.

1. New 700R4 (it is installed) hooked up & fine tuned.
        2. New driveshaft.
        3. Complete front sheetmetal reinstalled.
        4. New aluminum radiator & twin fans installed & wired in.
        5. A/C hooked up & checked out.
        6. Complete new interior.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Still need new tires and a cruise control installed on the truck.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by A BAD SS View Post
            I need bucket seat springs, cushions & covers for that "brand new seat feel" for my 69 Chevelle.
            eh....you didn't say anything about the FI setup going in.......anyway, I might have another engine built (should know more next week)....rexx

Comment

Bucky - American Powertrain is the guest on Powershit tonight - I sent you a PM about it too.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

I need to get it running!
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  I need to get it running!
                  didn't you buy a new motor, and stuff, awhile back? rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    didn't you buy a new motor, and stuff, awhile back? rexx
                    Yep. With the different blower and all the intake mods that go with it, I'm doing a bunch of re-plumbing and stuff like that.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

[QUOTE=Bucky67;722977
                      1- Replace Bearings on my 468 BB
                      [/QUOTE]
                      How come?

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        Yep. With the different blower and all the intake mods that go with it, I'm doing a bunch of re-plumbing and stuff like that.

sounds great....as they say, git r done!......so that you can roll on the Power Tour....

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          sounds great....as they say, git r done!......so that you can roll on the Power Tour....
                          Don't you worry Dave, it will be there.
                          I R Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            How come?
                            Technically, I suppose none of the bearing may need to be replaced. If you're pondering, no, Jade has not spun a bearing. However, I would like to freshen everything up, since I have the motor pulled out. There were several instances in the last 18 months where either my thermostat stuck or my top radiator hose busted while I was driving her. On all 3 occasions, she was so hot that the temp gauge was peaked out. The one time that scared me came when I heard the entire valve train rattling from lack of oil. When I pulled over, I could see my Griffin Aluminum Radiator flexing like a heart beat.

With all that being said, this is a preventive measure. If my engine builder breaks the engine down and finds nothing wrong, then I'm blessed. I'm just expecting the worse. It's a saying I had every time I deployed with my Soldiers; Expect the worse and Hope/Pray for the Best. That way, you're never disappointed.
                            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                            - George Orwell

Comment

New speedometer and cruise control installed. Still need the new tires yet and the truck will be ready.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                              X