Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really need it but....

I don't really need it but I have most of it ready to install. Waiting on the air lines to come in.
    I bought a 200-07 Buick Park Ave air compressor for the rear shocks to install on the truck for the air bags.
    Got it off e-bay for $55.00.
    Going to use the United Delco pleasure-lift gauge to keep a eye on the pressure and mount a momentary switch to run the compressor. If money and time allow I may even add the front helpers also before the tour.

Here it is with the switch.

Here are a couple of the clear diff cover as well.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Andy4639; January 28, 2013, 07:28 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

i'm not even sure what car i'm taking yet...if i'm going, which i'm not sure yet.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

well, if it's the 69 Camaro that goes on the tour.......just starting an engine building process......about a 434 small block, AFR heads, pretty good cam, etc.....hope to get 675 hp out if it....and, hope it's ready for the tour......rexx

Comment

If not Dave, you can always bring the newer one....
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Or the Chevelle!
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
              Or the Chevelle!
              agreed....and the Chevelle would be a good cruiser, but.....I'm pulling it out of storage at the end of Feb., clean it up some, then try and sell it (auction, consignment?.....not sure yet); it's a great car, 454/520 hp, manual, interior all re-done, aftermarket audio/DVD player, etc.....but I'm not using it......however, if it doesn't sell, I just might bring the Chevelle to the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour......rexx

Comment

One thing is for sure; ALL your cars are super nice Dave!!! If you brought the new toy, I'd fall in Love and completely forget about Jade!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  One thing is for sure; ALL your cars are super nice Dave!!! If you brought the new toy, I'd fall in Love and completely forget about Jade!!

actually......the new toy (the ZL1) is supposed to go in for a hp upgrade.....not yet happening, we'll see.....the old Camaro, the war horse, will make the tour if the engine is built and in.....if not, then the Chevelle.......come hell or high water, as they say, I'll be on the Power Tour.....would not miss it, for the trip, and the people....some of the best people there are......

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    well, if it's the 69 Camaro that goes on the tour.......just starting an engine building process......about a 434 small block, AFR heads, pretty good cam, etc.....hope to get 675 hp out if it....and, hope it's ready for the tour......rexx
                    Rexdogg
                    To get that HP, cam will be aggressive, yu need low gears in rear end with 5 Sp or beefed automatic.
                    I am over cammmed with five speed where itis not fun to drive in traffic, i am using auto this year.
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                      Rexdogg
                      To get that HP, cam will be aggressive, yu need low gears in rear end with 5 Sp or beefed automatic.
                      I am over cammmed with five speed where itis not fun to drive in traffic, i am using auto this year.
                      Bob
                      agreed, Bob.......although......my guy says he can get 675 hp out of a 430/434 cu in motor.......now.....in traffic, the car has always been rough.....in the past, folks have asked me, what's it like to drive the car?....it's not like the car is full race prepared, but, I would say, it's like "rough sex" (not that I would know, at my age, but I did watch it once a long time ago in a movie, I think)......anyway, with manual transmission, manual steering, no a/c (motor ran cool, but it was about 300 degrees inside the car)....hang onto the wheel, shift the trans up and down, inside of the car was hot, I'm sweating, the car, and everything inside, vibrating like hell.....and, I'm waving to all of the small town folks on the side of the road as we went on the Power Tour......I actually asked some lovely ladies awhile back, if they would switch places with me (they were sitting on chairs at a stoplight, I was waiting for the light)......they said.....no!..........hah......so much for that........rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                        agreed, Bob.......although......my guy says he can get 675 hp out of a 430/434 cu in motor.......now.....in traffic, the car has always been rough.....in the past, folks have asked me, what's it like to drive the car?....it's not like the car is full race prepared, but, I would say, it's like "rough sex" (not that I would know, at my age, but I did watch it once a long time ago in a movie, I think)......anyway, with manual transmission, manual steering, no a/c (motor ran cool, but it was about 300 degrees inside the car)....hang onto the wheel, shift the trans up and down, inside of the car was hot, I'm sweating, the car, and everything inside, vibrating like hell.....and, I'm waving to all of the small town folks on the side of the road as we went on the Power Tour......I actually asked some lovely ladies awhile back, if they would switch places with me (they were sitting on chairs at a stoplight, I was waiting for the light)......they said.....no!..........hah......so much for that........rexx
                        Damn Rexxdog, that sounds just like Jade!! I'm not sure what is more enjoyable; the rough sex or driving her?!?!?
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

Well I have been trying to get my motor cleaned up and stop leaking oil. I got the front side stopped but the backside is killing me. I thought I had it fixed but for the life of me I can't figure out where it's leaking from. I drove it yesterday and it had oil all over the starter and down the bottom of the trans pan. I got to looking and thought maybe the dip stick was the problem...not.
                          I jacked the front of the truck up and put on stands. I pulled the fly wheel cover off and it had oil inside it. I thought the rear main. I get to looking and no sign of oil dripping are even a film. Crank the truck up get under it and nothing not one drop any where. I haven't a clue. Fixing to go drive it again now and see what happens. Any suggestions on where to look. Oh I looked with a mirror on the back of the intake and can't see anysign of a leak. Even took a paper towel and swipped it good, nothing.

Comment

How about your oil sending unit on the back of the motor.
                            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                              How about your oil sending unit on the back of the motor.
                              I looked at it with the engine running and couldn't see anything. I drove it today and stopped to see if it was leaking the whole dipstick was oil wet and the top of it was sticking up. I put a new o-ring in the top of it and it feels tighter now. After doing some reading I'm wondering if I have to much pressure in the motor causing this. I'm going to have to run it without the cap on the oil fill tube and see.
                              Last edited by Andy4639; February 3, 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                                I looked at it with the engine running and couldn't see anything. I drove it today and stopped to see if it was leaking the whole dipstick was oil wet and the top of it was sticking up. I put a new o-ring in the top of it and it feels tighter now. After doing some reading I'm wondering if I have to much pressure in the motor causing this. I'm going to have to run it without the cap on the oil fill tube and see.
                                I don't know if you already have one on it or not,but you may try a vented oil cap and make sure your PCV valve is good.
                                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Working...
                                X