Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking

I'm planning to check on this stuff tomorrow I hope before work. Started 12 hrs nightshift again last night so time during the week is short.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

new engine build starting, hoping to be built, dyno'd, and installed by May 1st, then run around a little bit before Power Tour...looking at a small block Chevy, about 430 c.i., Dart block, AFR heads, shooting for 675 hp......we'll see I guess...

Comment

Sounds like there are some nice engines being put together.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Tool Box

I guess this can be considered part of what your vehicle needs for the tour!
          I bought this at Lowes last week and got all my hand tools in it so I know where everything is.

Comment

tank o gas and i'm good to go :D
            HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Battery

Went out to work on the truck and the battery was dead. Charged it for a couple of hrs with no change. It's a AC/Delco battery with water holes! Guess what, it was dry as a bone in 4 of the holes.
              Guess it's time for a new battery.

Comment

I'm putting AC Dakota digital dash and a new wirering harness for starters and while I have a part of a new paint job

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                  eh....you didn't say anything about the FI setup going in.......anyway, I might have another engine built (should know more next week)....rexx
                  The EFI is installed and working flawlessly....Im Smiling about that purchase....Need to install new clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw out bearing that I ordered from American Powertrain yesterday......Delivery date is 2-22...
                  69 SS

Comment

Dash

I have the dash tore out and redoing it. Putting some better lights in it and repainting the face + tilting it up to see it better.

Comment

Looks like our new cruise control from Dakota Digital works great! Still need tires for the truck but need to wait for spring.
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

With three months to go I'm waiting on a new motor. Current build was a economy build a few years back and now with a blown head gasket. Got a new 231 done with all of the good stuff (about 600hp) waiting to go in.

David
                        sigpicDavid N.
                        86 GN
                        08 Sky Redline
                        98 GS

Comment

Redoing the dash

I had done this dash a while back just to keep my truck drivable. I just finished doing the dash all over again with some other mods. I tilted the dash up about a 1/2" to help see the numbers better. Do you think I should cut the light and wiper area so I can bend the metal up to make the switches and numbers show better. It's as far up as it can go as it is right now.
                          I added the pigtail to the factory harness so it can be swapped back if I need to.
                          Attached Files

Comment

can you move the top forward? Perhaps bend the tabs that stick down from the dash housing horizonal then make some L brackets to allow the top to go back into the dash?

Comment

Dash

I would have to cut the whole top of the dash out to do that. It would also put the dash to far into the metal dash I think.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 makeover 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	867698it has begun

Comment

Working...
                                X