Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 502ChevelleSS
    replied
    I installed a Richmond 6 speed in my 69 Camaro a few years back and rarely used 6th gear. Was not good unless 80mph or more. I had 355 gears and was running a 255 60 15 tire. Would def recommend running the numbers before you pick your rear gear selection. Just my 02.

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by 67Camaro3pedals View Post
    Thanks guys for the input, I'm getting the standard Magnum 2.66 that has a .80 for 5th. gear and a .63 for 6th. gear, combine that with a 3.55 rear and at 2K rpm you are doing 70 MPH. I was just trying to be easy on my SBC 355 for the 1000 mile trip just to get to Kansas in one full day of driving. Maybe you thought I was getting the 2.97 first gear trans, it has a .74 and a .5 overdrive gears that wouldn't work at all with a 3.55 gear. Please let me know if I'm missing something. My small block runs good and 2K is at the very bottom of my rpm range too, don't want to lug it but on the highway I think most everyone will be running 75 to 85 MPH so my rpm's will be 2300 to 2400.
    My TKO 5-speed was a .64 OD in 5th. And it ran dead on 2000 rpm at 70 mph with the 14" rubber. It will be interesting to see how you come out with the 3.55's. Also if you end up needing to do any tunnel mods with the six-speed. I am considering another TKO for my '67 Camaro but I am now thinking about the Magnum 6-speed too.

Leave a comment:

• 67Camaro3pedals
    replied
    By the way, is anyone running FiTech ? I will be installing mine in a week or so and didn't know if anyone uses the corvette filter / regulator inline between the in tank Walbro 255 pump and the Fitech ? It is regulated at 58 psi and that is just what Fitech wants and needs. By doing this, you don't have to run a return line the entire length of the car, just from the point or the regulator. I picked up the a LS Fuel line kit from Tanks Inc. and it included 25 feet of fuel line, all the fittings and this corvette filter / regulator with return line back to tank,

Any thoughts ?

Leave a comment:

• 67Camaro3pedals
    replied
    Thanks guys for the input, I'm getting the standard Magnum 2.66 that has a .80 for 5th. gear and a .63 for 6th. gear, combine that with a 3.55 rear and at 2K rpm you are doing 70 MPH. I was just trying to be easy on my SBC 355 for the 1000 mile trip just to get to Kansas in one full day of driving. Maybe you thought I was getting the 2.97 first gear trans, it has a .74 and a .5 overdrive gears that wouldn't work at all with a 3.55 gear. Please let me know if I'm missing something. My small block runs good and 2K is at the very bottom of my rpm range too, don't want to lug it but on the highway I think most everyone will be running 75 to 85 MPH so my rpm's will be 2300 to 2400.
    Last edited by 67Camaro3pedals; February 28, 2017, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stu yoakam
    replied
    I have 3.73s and no overdrive. Car doesn't want to go over 60 on the highway. That it hasn't seen in 3-5 years. Speedometer would say 90.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X