Got HIE in Texarkana East?....no you don"t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got HIE in Texarkana East?....no you don"t

Whoever hasn't got the call yet, Family Events has all the rooms at the crossroads pkwy location in Texarkana and they are rescinding all reservations you made thru any other way. they are offering to move you next door at $90 instead of the 77 govt rate i had. myself i am changing my res to Bryant Ark at the HIE and will watch ya'll come into town the next day.
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

That is just totally crappy of them to cancel reservations that are already made for any reason short of the facility closing completely.
    Last edited by trukluvr; January 26, 2013, 12:13 PM.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Mike:.......confirmed info......just got a call from an HIE employee from the HIE on Crossroads; here's her story: they offered to move me from Crossroads, to a brand new HI next door (not open yet, supposed to be opening soon) at the same rate I had....I asked, how could a reservation I made last June 30th be superseded, because the hotel is fully "booked"? answer: a company (supposedly not Family Events) booked the property two years ago, for the same date, each year for five years (b.s.?); their hotel booking computers were not set up to catch the bookings.....so.....how come the other company doesn't get booted to the new property? anyway, I took the new booking, but will be in the process of looking for something else as well; I mentioned that some of my fellow Power Tour folks were just starting to hear about this, and were not at all happy with the Holiday Inn chain (although I think that many might be individually owned and operated) rexx
      Last edited by rexdogg; January 26, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Yup, I confirmed what both Mike and Rexx said..... Received a call from "Ashley" that works at HIE. She has transferred my reservation to the brand new HI that is opening next month. Evidently, they will be next to each other. As for a rate, she gave me $90.00 instead of the Government Rate of $77. She explained to me that if I wasn't on "Official" Government travel, they are not supposed to hand out the Government Rate. I've never heard that, nor has that ever been an issue....

So, in short, looks like I'm moved to the new HI.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

I just got the call too, and was in the process of sending everybody a PM about it......so.....here's who's staying at ANY HEI in Texarkana....69SS3505Speed; 173rdherd; Bucky67; 200kss; rexxdog; 1956NY150; BuzzO; Leon; 66Fury3.
          They told me the same sad story, and of course denied that Family Events had anything to do with it. Ashley didn't have a good answer when I asked how likely it would be that another 'contractor' booked an entire hotel for a Sunday, in June, in Texarkana.........at any rate, I am going to stay next door at the new property, but I am negotiating for vouchers for breakfast. They have not quoted me the new price yet, and that may change my mind.
          This is pretty crappy IMHO.
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 26, 2013, 03:06 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

also consider no breakfast at the HI.......My son lives in Benton, just south of Little Rock and is only 90 minutes north of Texarkana. The deal on Govt rate is that all the hotels are full already and prices are up. I also told Ashley that I would not agree to the transfer and that I would let her go as she had to call about 50 of my friends and give them the good news.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

OK, I'm in next door at $90. Email me if you are interested in the 'breakfast arrangements'......seems B/S won't accept any PMs for now.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                OK, I'm in next door at $90. Email me if you are interested in the 'breakfast arrangements'......seems B/S won't accept any PMs for now.
                Ed......I'm in for breakfast stuff....I tried to grab two rooms at the new place.....you know, moving over is no big deal, particularly if it's close, but, the "principle" of doing good business......anyway, I sent HI corporate a message, particularly as it relates to government employees (gov't contractors and employees, LEO's (like myself), etc., and not getting the gov't rate, as they had posted on their original websites.......do they not want the negative publicity, and folks bailing on HI for other chains?.......hey, maybe I should email some other hotel chains?..........rexx

Comment

It really would not hurt my feelings to change hotel chains. We stayed at a Spring Hill Suite in Houston with Boob, boB, and Blake, I would say it was a very nice place. However our rooms are set at this point so probably need to keep what we have for this trip. Food for though for next time though.......
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Ed, I'm down with Breakfast Vouchers....

Rexx, that's an awesome idea. I plan on sending an email from work on Monday. Once again, I don't understand, nor do I agree with what Ashley told me. Granted, it's on $13 difference, but it's the principal of the entire situation.
                    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                    - George Orwell

Comment

We got a phone call and message but haven't called them back yet. We will probably want the breakfast vouchers also. We will want for two rooms, we have a room for boB also under our name.
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

This is just bad business ... very disappointed in HEI who's ethics just went down the crapper.

Family Events probably gave them an ultimatum; "give us all your rooms or we'll find another hotel that will" !
                        HEI caved in and went for the greed ...

Comment

Family Event's has a new booking agency this year, for Texarkana the reservation system only list's Country Inn and Suites and Candlewood Suites. HI web site does not show any rooms available at Cowhorn Creek or Crossroad. Where is the "New" hotel listed??
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

George, I'm not sure if it'd be listed since its not open yet....?!?!
                            sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                              It really would not hurt my feelings to change hotel chains. We stayed at a Spring Hill Suite in Houston with Boob, boB, and Blake, I would say it was a very nice place. However our rooms are set at this point so probably need to keep what we have for this trip. Food for though for next time though.......
                              Agreed. If HIE wants to pull that kind of crap, I wouldn't be opposed to changing chains. It's really up to Mike and Donna though, since I'm there +1 as far as rooms go. It is pretty crappy though that they didn't at least give you the same rate.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X