No announcement yet.

Got HIE in Texarkana East?....no you don"t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fwiw.....I just grabbed a couple of rooms at the Best Western on Crossroads......a pretty decent rate.......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
      Mike:.......confirmed info......just got a call from an HIE employee from the HIE on Crossroads; here's her story: they offered to move me from Crossroads, to a brand new HI next door (not open yet, supposed to be opening soon) at the same rate I had....I asked, how could a reservation I made last June 30th be superseded, because the hotel is fully "booked"? answer: a company (supposedly not Family Events) booked the property two years ago, for the same date, each year for five years (b.s.?); their hotel booking computers were not set up to catch the bookings.....so.....how come the other company doesn't get booted to the new property? anyway, I took the new booking, but will be in the process of looking for something else as well; I mentioned that some of my fellow Power Tour folks were just starting to hear about this, and were not at all happy with the Holiday Inn chain (although I think that many might be individually owned and operated) rexx
      You are correct Rexx. Many are individually owned & operated. When we made our reservations last summer I accidentally clicked on the "prepaid" rate at the HIE in Charlotte. When I called the HI chain 800 number the next morning to straighten it out, I was told that it was up to that specific location as it was independently owned. When I called them directly they refused to change it even though I offered to pay the higher, non-prepaid rate.

We try to mix up our motels a bit just for a change of pace. I checked ours for Texarkana & we are at the Quality Inn on State Line Ave. (870)772-0070 Don't know if they have anything left there or not.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

fwiw.....I just grabbed a couple of rooms at the Best Western on Crossroads......a pretty decent rate.......rexx
        With you rexdogg moved from Candlewood to
        BEST WESTERN PLUS
        Texarkana Inn & Suites
        5219 Cross Roads Pkwy
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
          With you rexdogg moved from Candlewood to
          BEST WESTERN PLUS
          Texarkana Inn & Suites
          5219 Cross Roads Pkwy
          actually, I sometimes use tripadvisor.com to check hotel ratings.....the Best Western was #1, I think (the HIE was very high as well, but I got booted out of there)......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            OK, I'm in next door at $90. Email me if you are interested in the 'breakfast arrangements'......seems B/S won't accept any PMs for now.
            Ed please include me on the breakfast vouchers: I also got the call, the govt rate explanation and the computer reservation error
            nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate knowing when our guests have had negative experiences at our hotel. Our staff works very hard on a daily basis to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful and stress-free experience when booking with our hotel. Our chain is world-wide and very much a respectable brand. As everyone in this thread already clarified we have had an accidental overbooking for our hotel on the dates of June 2, 2013. In our attempt to correct a mistake I believe we have created a very reasonable option to extend to our over booked guests. All businesses experience complications at some point, I firmly believe that the credibility of the company is defined on how they choose to handle the crisis. I also believe that we have exceeded our expectations of correcting the issue at hand.
              I have noticed a lot of talk of “Family Events” being a main factor in this over booking. As I have previously stated we are in no way associated with “Family Events” on this date. Under a previous contract we were already booked for this night. Unfortunately, our system was still allowing reservations to be booked online, etc. We do apologize for all the confusion and inconvenience this has caused you. In an honest attempt, our staff worked together to find a compromising solution that would satisfy our guests’ and their needs, I feel as though we were successful. We are in no way rescinding or cancelling any of the reservations made, we have researched and provided an option not much different than what was booked. Holiday Inn is a brand new property (opening soon), they offer the same amenities as our hotel, with the exception of complimentary breakfast, which we have generously offered each guest that we are transferring. We have extended an invitation that you are welcome to join us here at the express for your breakfast needs. Holiday Inn Texarkana & Convention Center is located a very short distance (only about 300 feet) from our location. I am very confident that this new property will meet all needs in friendly and comfortable manner, just as we will. Again, we do apologize for this inconvenience.
              At Holiday Inn/Express properties the government rate is not always a guarantee. Most days we are more than willing to honor that rate. However, on this particular date that rate is unavailable. Policy states that if the stay is not official government travel the government rate is at risk of not being honored for that stay. I can understand the frustrations you have toward this policy. Not everyone agrees with their companies policies but as an employee we are expected and required to follow all policies in place.
              Again we extend our greatest apologizes to all of those who have had a disruption in their plans. We truly hope that you do chose to stay at our preferred location, as it is a beautiful property. As a Holiday Inn Brand we also hope that this incident does not affect your decision about our brand. Holiday Inn is a wonderful brand to follow! We do truly care about our guests! With the warmest wishes of a great Hot Rod Power Tour! Safe travels to you all!
              Ashley, Sales Coordinator
              Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East

Comment

Wow......... I must say that reading the above post is a first for me. I can't recall a business, much less a hotel company joining BangShift to not only make an apology but to explain the entire situation. Ashley, thank you!!

I'll be staying at the brand new HI, as you've already talked to me on the phone. Can't wait till June!!!

Very Respectfully,

Carl D. Smith "Bucky"
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  Wow......... I must say that reading the above post is a first for me. I can't recall a business, much less a hotel company joining BangShift to not only make an apology but to explain the entire situation. Ashley, thank you!!

I'll be staying at the brand new HI, as you've already talked to me on the phone. Can't wait till June!!!

Very Respectfully,

Carl D. Smith "Bucky"
                  Thank You Mr.Smith!
                  We are very invested in a positive guest experience and do empathize with each of you on our short comings with this overbooking.
                  We look forward to seeing you at breakfast and Thank you so much for being understanding!
                  Have a great day!
                  Ashley
                  Holiday INN Express

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post

Very Respectfully,

Carl D. Smith "Bucky"

Bucky......oh, boy, you're just trying to get extra pancakes and biscuits for the breakfast........rexx

Comment

I can't seem to find anything else going on in Texarkana (worth a whole hotel of rooms) that weekend and if not honoring your reservation is not "rescinding" it, then I am lost. Also, Best WEstern has rarely been a good stay for me.
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Bucky......oh, boy, you're just trying to get extra pancakes and biscuits for the breakfast........rexx
                        There will be plenty of Pancakes & Biscuits for you all! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                          I can't seem to find anything else going on in Texarkana (worth a whole hotel of rooms) that weekend and if not honoring your reservation is not "rescinding" it, then I am lost. Also, Best WEstern has rarely been a good stay for me.

To rescind your reservation would have been had we informed you that your reservation had been cancelled- and in no form did or would we ever consider that. We are simply asking to place you at another property. You will still have a room and the same ammenities, only a few doors down.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                            just an opinion......I stayed at a Best Western Plus at one of the stops on one of the Power Tours (don't remember where, but it was in a college town (Oklahoma?....somewhere); anyway, I almost always reserve at Holiday Inns (at least until now).......the Best Western I stayed at was outstanding, top notch, and....the BW in Texarkana has very good reviews.....rexx
                            Last edited by rexdogg; January 27, 2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I checked the HIE website and it shows that there are rooms available on both Saturday and Monday nights, but not on Sunday night June, 2. The hotels on the Mississippi Gulf Coast do the same thing during Cruisin' the Coast and double their rates.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Rexx, I can only go by my experience
                                Ashley....you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is a pig nonetheless
                                SB....i understand and agree with hotels right to profit......i don't see us as getting the whole truth here.
                                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                                X