No announcement yet.

Got HIE in Texarkana East?....no you don"t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very credible of Ashley at HIE to seek out a platform (Bangshift) to explain their situation and offer solutions to it. Given the situation, I'd say you guys would have to give her the benefit of the doubt. Now, come to that night, it will be VERY easy to tell whether or not you got the run around when you take a look around the HIE's parking lot to see either a lot full of minivans or hot rods.

I've been in two situations where my group got moved and it didn't make me happy at all. But, looking back on it, the time I did fight it, nothing changed, we still got moved (and split up). The time I went along with it without the drama, things worked out for one of our guys. After diagnosing a bad Mopar rearend and unable to borrow one from one of the local Mopar clubmembers, a young man in a Dart drives by. We flag him down and it turns out his dad is stocked with spare parts. We work out a deal to borrow a centersection with a promise to ship it back to him on a handshake. Got everything changed that night and went the rest of the way troublefree. So, had we been at the original hotel that night, we might not have been able to get our friend back on the road. Moral of the story: I guess there isn't one, just thought I'd share our experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
      Very credible of Ashley at HIE to seek out a platform (Bangshift) to explain their situation and offer solutions to it. Given the situation, I'd say you guys would have to give her the benefit of the doubt. Now, come to that night, it will be VERY easy to tell whether or not you got the run around when you take a look around the HIE's parking lot to see either a lot full of minivans or hot rods.

I've been in two situations where my group got moved and it didn't make me happy at all. But, looking back on it, the time I did fight it, nothing changed, we still got moved (and split up). The time I went along with it without the drama, things worked out for one of our guys. After diagnosing a bad Mopar rearend and unable to borrow one from one of the local Mopar clubmembers, a young man in a Dart drives by. We flag him down and it turns out his dad is stocked with spare parts. We work out a deal to borrow a centersection with a promise to ship it back to him on a handshake. Got everything changed that night and went the rest of the way troublefree. So, had we been at the original hotel that night, we might not have been able to get our friend back on the road. Moral of the story: I guess there isn't one, just thought I'd share our experience.

agreed......although I made some backup reservations, getting moved to a hotel next door isn't the worst thing in the world....and, you never know what life will bring......rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        Bucky......oh, boy, you're just trying to get extra pancakes and biscuits for the breakfast........rexx
        Hey, can you blame me.... Don't get me wrong Dave, I'll share........
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Pretty crappy of them. Luckily, I haven't heard from Ashley or HIE yet. Booked in August using Priority Club Reward night. Anyway I had a similar situation last year at Champaign and had to go next door to HI. Turned out great, shared a parking lot with a lot more Long haulers.
          Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

I had a little ordeal in 08 in Iowa I believe when the floods came in and we got moved to another hotel it was 5 miles away from where we where staying,but it was a really nice hotel and I understand the reason for the move the locals had been booted from thier homes. I know that was a little different than what this sounds,but my point is I still had a place to stay and I'm not on tour for the hotel rooms I'm only there for one or two nights. Besides we found out when we showed up not 4 months ahead of time. I try and stay at different chains and not just one brand and out of all the years I have been on the tour I have only had one bad hotel stay. I am far from being perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be either we all make mistakes.
            Last edited by pintoboy77; January 27, 2013, 07:19 PM.
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

FREAKS
              I am on the road again
              is HEI getting a room for Jessse and i at another hotel?
              Do i have to call?
              Shake and Bake
              Thanks
              bob
              Last edited by 1956NY150; January 27, 2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post
                Pretty crappy of them. Luckily, I haven't heard from Ashley or HIE yet. Booked in August using Priority Club Reward night. Anyway I had a similar situation last year at Champaign and had to go next door to HI. Turned out great, shared a parking lot with a lot more Long haulers.
                You'll probably will be getting it shortly, if I were a betting man.... I booked back in July/August using my rewards with Priority and my call came yesterday. I'd be expecting it this week sometime.
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                  FREAKS
                  I am on the road again
                  Do i have to call?
                  Shake and Bake
                  Thanks
                  bob
                  Bob- Thus far all of us have been getting a call from Ashley. If your number is on file, you'll be getting a phone call She, Ashley, will transfer everything for you.
                  sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

We were already booked at the Best Western and have always had good luck there. Dave, maybe see you and others there! I do have an HIE for Concord.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Boob, I think you are okay......the HEI on Crossroads Pkwy. is the one we're talking about, and I show you booked at the HEI on Cowhorn Creek Rd. You might want to double-check with them to make sure.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                        Does your ignition system often make your travel arrangements?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                          LOL
                          and I think Ashley is doing a fantastic job, I just think there is more to the story.
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                            I just think there is more to the story.
                            Of course there is ... some spin-doctor is trying to mitigate the fallout.

Comment

The reservation crap has gotten to me
                              Its always about money and not mine

I am Going to Time Out
                              bob

Comment

That just made my Monday morning............. Bahahahaha!!! ROTFLMAO!!!
                                sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                                X