No announcement yet.

Got HIE in Texarkana East?....no you don"t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got another call today that the new HI they were going to move me to will not be finished by june 1st. she said they are having construction problems. they are now moving people to another new hotel (windham suites i beleive) right down the street. she said it has everything the original HIE has and i will still get my priority club points. i guess as long as i still have a place to sleep i'm good.

Comment

So were you moved from the original HI on Crossroads to the one in New Boston and then to the Windham Suites?
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
        So were you moved from the original HI on Crossroads to the one in New Boston and then to the Windham Suites?
        I was just sent a confirmation for the Candlewood Suites in Texarkana TX and was never approached about the New Boston property.

Comment

HIE Texarkana called me this afternoon and transferred my reservations to Candlewood Suites. I can still earn Priority Club points and the rate remains the same. They also mentioned that they would have a car wash station set up for PT participants.
          Long Hauler: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16. Short Hauler : 01, 13

Comment

so......HIE Texarkana calls me, offers me rooms in New Boston....I say, no thanks.......then other folks are going to the Candlewood Suites?.........wtf?

Comment

To quote a good friend of mine....."well, if this isn't a bloody (*^&in' mess!"
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                To quote a good friend of mine....."well, if this isn't a bloody (*^&in' mess!"
                Now Ed - isn't that a fine kettle of fish?

Comment

Yeah, but somehow that's pretty subdued.......but it works!
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by wolf66 View Post
                    got another call today....she said it has everything the original HIE has and i will still get my priority club points.
                    Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    so......HIE Texarkana calls me, offers me rooms in New Boston....I say, no thanks.......then other folks are going to the Candlewood Suites?.........wtf?
                    They have "said" a lot of things. Did you get the sprinkler accident story also?
                    FKA Redragtop
                    (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      They have "said" a lot of things. Did you get the sprinkler accident story also?
                      I got a phone call, saw the area code and refused to answer. The lady left a message, but I didn't call her back..... Maybe I should?!?
                      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                      - George Orwell

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                          I got a phone call, saw the area code and refused to answer. The lady left a message, but I didn't call her back..... Maybe I should?!?
                          Maybe, the longer you wait...the better the hotel they switch you to
                          However, that is just a maybe
                          FKA Redragtop
                          (formerly known as)

Comment

Hmmmmm, they haven't called me yet. Holiday Inn website shows my reservation to be confirmed........very strange, indeed.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

The girl at HIE told me that 20 guests were being displaced. She cancelled the two rooms I had there and got me one room to make up for it. I guess she thinks we will be OK with cots or something
                              Probably a good thing that I didn't leave it up to them to ensure we had a place to stay for the night
                              FKA Redragtop
                              (formerly known as)

Comment

I got an e-mail from Roxanne yesterday. I went ahead and called her. She wanted to move my two rooms to the Wyndam Garden which is less than a mile away (I checked the map before agreeing). She accepted and confirmed my terms. Same price, all of my HI points and 4 vouchers for breakfast. She said my points will be front loaded next week. Wyndam Gardens is a great chain and this one is brand new.
                                Jim & Maureen
                                There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                                HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X