Car Cruises and Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good to me -

What was the name of the hotel you stayed in last year Steve ? That location was great and if it is decent I'd vote we all stay there.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil, there's a place called Stoney Creek Inn that's closer to 'the action' (by 3 blocks, I think) and looks really nice and I think it's only a couple years old. I think it was around $90 last year. Most of the reviews say it's very nice. Probably the place Steve was at...

Oh, and do you call it surviving when the cars are parked for 3 or 4 months? Cruising just isn't the same when you have to put it in 4 wheel drive.

Comment

Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
        Phil, there's a place called Stoney Creek Inn that's closer to 'the action' (by 3 blocks, I think) and looks really nice and I think it's only a couple years old. I think it was around $90 last year. Most of the reviews say it's very nice. Probably the place Steve was at...

Oh, and do you call it surviving when the cars are parked for 3 or 4 months? Cruising just isn't the same when you have to put it in 4 wheel drive.
        Yep I think this is it - thanks.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

stoney creek is correct. very nice place. treated us very well.

Comment

Pencil us in... youre on the radar...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Pencil us in too....not sure what Boob is going to do, or whether we can work in the Western Swing deal either.......got some small complications involved, nothing too serious, just pesky........Stoney Creek reservations are made.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 28, 2013, 08:40 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I don't know if Jim and Maureen will be able to make it, Jim will have to see if he can get time off from work...

Comment

Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
                  I don't know if Jim and Maureen will be able to make it, Jim will have to see if he can get time off from work...
                  Yeah, Maureen keeps him pretty busy.......
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Does that mean that Maureen is his new boss?

Comment

Oh, and a quick thread jack...

George, I've been looking at the map (and contemplating a route to Texas that doesn't involve I-29 between Sioux City and KC) and I was wondering if you had any experience with 81, 77 or 75 thru Nebraska and Kansas? Your a little closer to those highways than me. Are any of them picturesque, boring, in need of re-surfacing etc... Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I believe Bob is planning to visit this area mid August then head west to the Black Hills.
                        OK I will look into this, I probably took you on the best cruise last year. Different or semi same?? We could follow the Missouri on the Nebraska side or venture north for Ice Cream at the Blue Bunny Parlor. I'm working on it......
                        Marlon, all of Nebraska is boring...... I-29 to Nebraska City, 75 to Topeka and keep heading south is how we came home. We may take 81, I believe it is mostly 4 lane after Norfolk, NE.
                        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Booked @Stoney Creek...Looking forward to the reunion!!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Hotel booked. George you have got your work cut out for you. Lemars would be good for ice cream again. If i can be of any help let me know.

Comment

We had a blast last year. George was a very gracious host and had a fun-filled schedule for us.

You are a funny man Marlon. Maureen has given me the time off for us to go. By the way, she has always been the boss and any man who does not believe that his wife is the boss is living in La La Land. The only thing that may change that is the possibility that we may be taking care of two of our grandkids during that time and may have to cancel.

Steve, You guys have very wonderful kids. With being confined to the back seat of the Goat all the time and come out acting as good as they do is a credit to their parents.
                              Jim & Maureen
                              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Bring the Camaro Jim, it's got a back seat.......(insert smiley here)
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 3, 2013, 07:32 AM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X