Car Cruises and Ice Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Cruises and Ice Cream

Cruising and Ice Cream are about as American as it gets..... USA Today listed the "Best Ice Cream Parlor's" for each state. South Dakota's voted best is Edgar's Old Fashioned Soda Fountain in Elk Point. Last summer a bunch of us Freaks stopped there on our Lewis and Clark Expedition Cruise during Sioux City's Rockin Rods weekend.

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 200WINS; February 26, 2013, 06:23 AM.
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

I really like both, crusing and ice cream!
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
      I really like both, crusing and ice cream!
      Me too..............will have to cruise into Braum's in Oklahoma on the way from Hallet to Arlington in June!

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
        Cruising and Ice Cream are about as American as it gets..... USA Today listed the "Best Ice Cream Parlor's" for each state. South Dakota's voted best is Edgar's Old Fashioned Soda Fountain in Elk Point. Last summer a bunch of us Freaks stopped there on our Lewis and Clark Expedition Cruise during Sioux City's Rockin Rods weekend.

http://travel.usatoday.com/destinati...eam/39857952/1

kile wants to know when we are going again. the boys had a blast!!

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
          kile wants to know when we are going again. the boys had a blast!!
          It made me smile thinking of those two looking wide eyed through the glass at all the penny candy on display, that was cool.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

let us in on the action (meeting time and place) and we'll try our dangdest to get there!!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Back in the 50s you could ask a person if they liked Car Cruises and Ice Cream. If they said no to either they were labeled a Communist and hung for treason. Things have really gone down hill.
              Powertour off/on since 2002
              sigpic

Comment

You all know if it has to do with ICE CREAM I will be there! In our family when you get lost and then found again you get ice cream.
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                  It made me smile thinking of those two looking wide eyed through the glass at all the penny candy on display, that was cool.
                  In case you missed it earlier.....

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    In case you missed it earlier.....

I want this picture!! I did miss this earlier. How cool!! Hey george what happened to the gopro video from the park?

Comment

I have it...... somewhere.......
                      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Any idea if there will be a second annual Rockin Rods cruise?

Comment

Thanks for the pic Ed - you d man.
                          Hey there Marlon - surviving winter O.K. I hope.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Second annual cruise?? Maybe, depends on interest and attendance, sure was fun last year!!

Comment

i'm in.

Comment

Working...
                              X