Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200WINS
    replied
    Hey Quick Gear Head, welcome along, love the color of your Cobalt, introduce yourself when you see some of us around....... Boosted Buick and Pink Hemi, we met at Cobra's party, nice to hear from you also......

Leave a comment:

• 55lincoln
    replied
    Originally posted by QuickGearhead View Post
    Well I haven't been on here too long but I lurked for a while last year before joining. Last year was my first HRPT and it was incredible! I was booking hotels and signing up for the 2013 Tour a month or so after I got home. I'll be long hauling it again this year!

77/365 by Rwindy, on Flickr

Here is my route this year round trip. It will be about 5,000 miles (8,000 km) and I am looking forward to every minute out on the road!

:
    good for you
    you will love
    Last edited by 55lincoln; March 19, 2013, 05:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    You're a good man Charlie Brown
    That was Rett. Charlie Brown is still lurking......

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Originally posted by street72 View Post
    I didn't lurk here today..
    You're a good man Charlie Brown

Leave a comment:

• boosted buick
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Glad to see you come back! You and Pink Hemi.....right??
    correct

Leave a comment:

• street72
    replied
    I didn't lurk here today..

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Glad to see you come back! You and Pink Hemi.....right??

Leave a comment:

• boosted buick
    replied
    I began lurking before the 08 tour when I long hauled (grand national). Disappeared for 2 years, was around here a bunch for the 11 tour which we long hauled (pink 2010 challenger). Met some of you on the 11 tour, made the starting line party at Cobra's (late), disappeared again, now I'm lurking again thinking about '14. Every 3 years seems about right for me, VERY interested in the route for '14.

Problems are part of the adventure. Had to rescue my parents in 2010 and bring them a minivan. They limped towards home, I headed their way with a truck and trailer, 10 hours apart when we started. Dad had u-joint issues in 08. Met a guy in 11 with a grand national when he had problems on the side of the highway and now I get drunk with him several times a year. Almost a bromance going on.

Wouldn't go back and change a thing about the past PTs.
    Last edited by boosted buick; March 17, 2013, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• QuickGearhead
    replied
    Well I haven't been on here too long but I lurked for a while last year before joining. Last year was my first HRPT and it was incredible! I was booking hotels and signing up for the 2013 Tour a month or so after I got home. I'll be long hauling it again this year!

Here is what I'll be taking on the tour:

77/365 by Rwindy, on Flickr

Here is my route this year round trip. It will be about 5,000 miles (8,000 km) and I am looking forward to every minute out on the road!

Leave a comment:

• Buzz0
    replied
    48 posts since 2008 I beleive puts me firmly in lurker territory.
    I have done partial HRPTs in 08 and 12 and will be doing my first long haul this year in my 2012 Challenger. I have a 66 Catalina wagon I am slowly working on and that will be a long haul car for sure.

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    amen

Leave a comment:

• jay71vette
    replied
    Oh boy, after seeing those pics, now I'm really nervous (lol). Lately, I've been thinking about driving to the corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY ... then joining the HRPT in Chattanooga. If I do, I'm following that GM medic jeep closely !

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Amen Mike

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Amen!!

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Originally posted by jay71vette View Post
    I'm a lurker... and FNG. I've been interested in doing the HRPT for a few years now. I'll be honest, I dream about it. But, I'm scared to drive a 42 yr old vehicle long distance since I have absolutely no mechanical ability whatsoever. I found this site and have been visiting often to live vicariously through you guys/gals. Since I'm in NJ, I think 2014 will be my year since the starting point will be NC. Worse case if something goes wrong, I have the car shipped home. Plus, my 8 yr old son will be a little older, and 'should' be more mature to handle a 10 day road trip in a tiny car.
    Here you go, nothing to it.

I can't really add anything else to what has already been said here about help along the way. You seem to be most wary of the trip itself & (suprise!) that's the adventure. That's where the memories are for us all. Can I get an amen?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X