X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by jay71vette View Post
    I'm a lurker... and FNG. I've been interested in doing the HRPT for a few years now. I'll be honest, I dream about it. But, I'm scared to drive a 42 yr old vehicle long distance since I have absolutely no mechanical ability whatsoever. I found this site and have been visiting often to live vicariously through you guys/gals. Since I'm in NJ, I think 2014 will be my year since the starting point will be NC. Worse case if something goes wrong, I have the car shipped home. Plus, my 8 yr old son will be a little older, and 'should' be more mature to handle a 10 day road trip in a tiny car.
    welcome. i wouldn't be overly concerned about breaking down. make sure you go thru the car before you leave (good tires, belts, hoses, fluids,plugs, etc) and if something still breaks (and it might) then you will find an army right behind you that will jump right in and be at your aid. there will be a phone list of bangshifters that you can call. i know from personnal experiance when my 50' Ford broke down just north of Indy two years ago. it was like a bangshift reunion.

Leave a comment:

• jay71vette
    replied
    I'm a lurker... and FNG. I've been interested in doing the HRPT for a few years now. I'll be honest, I dream about it. But, I'm scared to drive a 42 yr old vehicle long distance since I have absolutely no mechanical ability whatsoever. I found this site and have been visiting often to live vicariously through you guys/gals. Since I'm in NJ, I think 2014 will be my year since the starting point will be NC. Worse case if something goes wrong, I have the car shipped home. Plus, my 8 yr old son will be a little older, and 'should' be more mature to handle a 10 day road trip in a tiny car.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was.

That's what I keep telling myself Phil!!!!! Bahahahahaha!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    If it lasts more than 4 hours - CALL A DOCTOR !!!!!!!!!!!

why would you call a doctor
    if it's working that well, call the wife/girlfriend or both
    build up points for the future

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    If it lasts more than 4 hours - CALL A DOCTOR !!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• street72
    replied
    I think I LURKED again today...Not sure though..

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    im going to have to work that saturday if im going to be off the following weekend for the NHRR in Bowling Green

Leave a comment:

• mkoppes
    replied
    Originally posted by 66Fury3 View Post

mkoppes, There will be lots of beer for the King of Lurk....
    Cool!

Leave a comment:

• momsmustang
    replied
    another not necessarily lurker, just from time to time check in to see whats happening!! We did long haul in 2010, sat out in 11 & 12, let the group tell us that cruisin the coast is more fun....we will be back on HRPT in our own backyard this year!! Hoping to have 13 yr old grandson along for the fun
    Last edited by momsmustang; March 3, 2013, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    Originally posted by street72 View Post
    mkoppes, Almost 4 years and ONLY 4 posts....You are KING of the Lurkers.. All hail the king..Find some of us on the Tour and we will buy you a cold one..

mkoppes, There will be lots of beer for the King of Lurk....

Leave a comment:

• djinva
    replied
    I guess I'm a lurker too. I am on here every couple days reading the posts but I usually do not comment.

We are planing the long haul again this year. It will be our 3rd straight. It is addictive. I can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Well join right in Larry, you're already part of the family!

Leave a comment:

• larry g
    replied
    Hi All,,, Yes I have to confess, I am I lurker.
    Last year was my first PT and enjoyed it, so much that I'm doing it again this year. Just like everyone said, it is addicting.
    I really enjoy the seeing all the pictures in "The Countdown" thread. Keep them coming and Thanks.

Larry

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Welcome out into the sunshine everybody!
    Yeah Charles, you can make it up to Arlington on Saturday, or Texarkana on Sunday......or both.......(insert smiley here)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X