Lurkers Let's Hear From You!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome home Matt!

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about fishing........
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Welcome home Matt!

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about fishing........
      Thanks Ed, I think the weather followed me though.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
        What part of Iowa are you from? Nw corner here. Sioux rapids.
        Waterloo area. Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaSSfan View Post
          Waterloo area. Thanks for the warm welcomes.
          i guess we got alot of the state covered!! Clinton!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Speaking of Iowa....................
            Attached Files
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
              Charles - perhaps you can help me out (since you know the difference). Which category would your response fall into when responding to the following statement "What do you have to say for yourself young man?"
              When mom asks that question there is never a correct asnwer. Usually as an adult you can choose not to say anything incriminating. I was once summoned to Internal Affairs at work and required to submit a statement. The first thing I said was;
              "I have no independent knowledge of the alleged events as they have been described to me in the above narrative."
              The IA captain turned red in the face and tried to impress upon me how serious he took the matter. I referred him to the union lawyer. Apparently he did not think it was as funny as I did. I think he just didn't have a proper sense of humor. :-)
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

So Charles...Are you saying that you are guilty of no wrong doing?
                FKA Redragtop
                (formerly known as)

Comment

I am a Lurker I usually come around power tour time. I will be there this year starting in Little Rock and going to Chattanooga then South Carolina to visit family. Look forward to seeing everyone on the tour. I met a couple of you in Detroit at the Holiday Inn there. I had the blue s10 with gold flames and was with my 3yr old. Now I will be with my wife 5 and 2 year old...enjoying every second of it. ohh and it is an 1980 K5 blazer
                  Attached Files

Comment

See - that didn't hurt at all did it low-psi ? Thanks for posting. Nice Blazer too.
                    Were you talking Holiday Inn 2011 or 2012 in Detroit ? Based on your sons age (three then and 5 now) I may have met you in 2011. My family and friends were down by the pool BBQ'ing in the rain in 2011.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yes, 2011 yes I do remember and I think someone was working on there car under the awning there too. It was hard to keep him entertained during the whole ride but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This year I imagine plenty of stops at parks and play area restaurants especially with 2 this time, but it should be a great time.

Comment

welcome lurkers one & all
                        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2012 Northeast Rod Run
                        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by low-psi View Post
                          Yes, 2011 yes I do remember and I think someone was working on there car under the awning there too. It was hard to keep him entertained during the whole ride but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This year I imagine plenty of stops at parks and play area restaurants especially with 2 this time, but it should be a great time.
                          That might have been Bisher with the elusive rear end plug but I remember Dale's Cobra with no top squatting there in the rain too since he had no top.
                          Make sure to find some pony rides and take pictures - and say hi to all of us.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Hello. I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. This year will be my 11th PT and 9th long haul. I used to drive a black '66 El Camino up until last year when I finished my Camaro.
                            Long Hauler: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16. Short Hauler : 01, 13

Comment

mkoppes, Almost 4 years and ONLY 4 posts....You are KING of the Lurkers.. All hail the king..Find some of us on the Tour and we will buy you a cold one..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Yes LOW-PSI, as Phil said, that is a VERY nice blazer. Love that style and what you did with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X