Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Power Tour Veterans? Post Your Pics here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Power Tour Veterans? Post Your Pics here!

Originally posted by 1956NY150
    Rexdogg
    Hi Dave
    Jesse is here he says"Hi", he's doing complete tour with me this year, I am counting the days,
    I see you have a 70 CHevelle whats going on with that car?????
    Bob
    Actually (as you might remember), I have used the '69 Z/28 on the past Power Tours; my '70 Chevelle (coupe), is red, with black stripes, black buckets; SS 454, non-matching 454 motor ('73 motor I think), built to L-88/LS-6 specs, working 8-track radio, working cowl induction, and the little map light on the rear view mirror, 4 speed, M-22 Muncie, all in all a real show car....actually thought about selling (or trying to sell) last fall, backed out after not being sure as to how to try and sell or advertise the right way....don't drive it much (4 times last year, one of the reasons I thought about selling, I mean, why keep a car if I don't drive and enjoy it?....); anyway, good to hear from you again, looking forward to the Tour.....

Comment

Dave

The Chevelle sounds very nice, and rare.

I'm not into selling Toys unless there is a Toy waiting for delivery.

Just remember all the cars we sold and wished we kept.

To Stay warm in garage its all in the placement of the salamander.

LR soon
      bob

Comment

These pictures really make me excited as i live in detroit and we havent had nice weather in a while. I currently cannot see my driveway under the snow. So these pics make me excited for summer and woodward cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
          These pictures really make me excited as i live in detroit and we havent had nice weather in a while. I currently cannot see my driveway under the snow. So these pics make me excited for summer and woodward cruising.
          Hello, Woodward.....actually your post hits it; I'm in Illinois, also buried in snow; but, more to the point, a question if you don't mind....this year, for the first time, it looks like I will be coming up to the Woodward Cruise in August. Looking forward to it, been surfing the website, youtube videos, etc., to try and get an idea of what's it's like. Anyway, do you have suggestions for a first timer (like where to try and stay, activities from mid-week on, parking situation for the cruise, traffic, etc.)? Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
            Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
            Hello, Woodward.....actually your post hits it; I'm in Illinois, also buried in snow; but, more to the point, a question if you don't mind....this year, for the first time, it looks like I will be coming up to the Woodward Cruise in August. Looking forward to it, been surfing the website, youtube videos, etc., to try and get an idea of what's it's like. Anyway, do you have suggestions for a first timer (like where to try and stay, activities from mid-week on, parking situation for the cruise, traffic, etc.)? Thanks in advance...

I sent you a PM

Comment

I heard the Kaiser protested the Race because the Wagon had moveable weight in the cooler to increase weight transfer.
              I am not sure it was true, or indeed there was a protest, but it does seems very likely.
              you know those wagon people
              bob

Comment

Hey what do you mean "those wagon people"?? > I'll be one of those wagon people once I get the 54 on the road. Just kidding man, it's all good. ;D ;D ;D
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well there are a couple of wagons I like.

Which Two wagons were not on 08 Tour???

If Aaaaaaaaaaa Tour goes to the west coast, I fiquire I will need a wagon or PU.
                  56 chevy 2dr or 65 Chevelle 2 dr
                  Ivwgns
                  bob

Comment

I'm going to be wagon crew this year, picking up an '82 Regal wagon towards the end of the month.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Did the 06 long haul with my dad in the Yellow Lightning. In 07 I rode alone in the Yellow Lightning and my mom and dad drove my dads recently purchased Black lightning. This year will be my parents in the Black L, and I will be co-pilot in my buddies rare ex-cab Gen 1 lightning.

Comment

Bob-glad to see you finished your statement-us wagon people offend easily you know,I might get my feelings hurt-I thought your were my best-ess friend!!I can think of a couple of nice 56's out there too,maybe one in particular that might be up to a little side by side action this year??Sorry for getting a little off topic! ;D

Comment

CTX-SLPR - That is a sweet wagon. My wife makes fun of me everytime I mention I want to get a wagaon after the 'Bu is "Done" (are they really ever done?).

Now for the real question, does the drivetrain match the wheels? If not what's it got or what's it going to get?

Chad

Comment

Here's my "future" PT car. This one's not going to make it this year unfortunately.

I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                              Well there are a couple of wagons I like.

Which Two wagons were not on 08 Tour???

If Aaaaaaaaaaa Tour goes to the west coast, I fiquire I will need a wagon or PU.
                              56 chevy 2dr or 65 Chevelle 2 dr
                              Ivwgns
                              bob

My guess would be the 57 and the copper rambler
                              HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

This is what I have planned for this year pt.

With these wheels.

HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X