tail of the dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street72 View Post
    Why don't we make a plan now and this way everyone will be on the same page..
    Cool so now we have a plan to make a plan

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      Cool so now we have a plan to make a plan
      Ok so who do we plan on for making the plan.
      Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

I thought the plan was the tour bus

Comment

Originally posted by okie300c View Post
          I thought the plan was the tour bus
          OK, so let me try to draw the picture - we got a BUNCH of old guys with advanced CRS that are getting ready to embark on 7 days of over consumption and you expect ANY of us to accurately remember anything by Long Hauler's day?

I think we need to delegate this the the original "man with the plan" idea - Rett

Comment

So true! No one remembers anything by the end of the week
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

So who's on 1st. And what is on 2nd. I bet all the kids on this forum are gonna be too young to get that one.
              Last edited by Thomasmoto; May 15, 2013, 01:37 PM.
              2011 Long Hauler
              2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

Steerike 1 !
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by momsmustang View Post
                  we had plans to leave Chattanooga and head toward Arkansas, skipping Charlotte, so....is it feasible or doable to leave Chattanooga and do the tail of the dragon and get back toward Nashville before it gets too late?? The maps I am seeing aren't real helpful on that!
                  no. it will take you two or three hours to get to the dragon, one to run it, then you will be on the other side of the mountains. run up to ashville and catch I40 back west. it will be a long drive.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Damn Hu really is on first all this time I thought that was just a gag.
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

ok well the tentative plan is the tour bus then how bout that ? lol

Comment

Another contributing factor was last year the bus was parked out in parking lot a ways away from the stadium where the photo was taken. They staged it out there so that they could take pictures of you in your car as you exited the event.

Additionally, the last couple of years there have been two "freaks" photos taken - one on the first Saturday so those that can't do the entire deal can get a picture. This year - that picture is supposed to be done with the Ray Brady tribute shirt (yellow) and MOST LIKELY would be done in front of the bus which would be parked inside the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                          no. it will take you two or three hours to get to the dragon, one to run it, then you will be on the other side of the mountains. run up to ashville and catch I40 back west. it will be a long drive.
                          Tail of the Dragon is on the west side of Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The north end of it is less than 4 hours from Nashville.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Another contributing factor was last year the bus was parked out in parking lot a ways away from the stadium where the photo was taken. They staged it out there so that they could take pictures of you in your car as you exited the event.

Additionally, the last couple of years there have been two "freaks" photos taken - one on the first Saturday so those that can't do the entire deal can get a picture. This year - that picture is supposed to be done with the Ray Brady tribute shirt (yellow) and MOST LIKELY would be done in front of the bus which would be parked inside the venue.
                            Thanks for the reminder Allen!
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I think we need to delegate this the the original "man with the plan" idea - Rett
                              Sounds like a plan.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                                Why don't we make a plan now and this way everyone will be on the same page..
                                OK...Send me a text as to where and when to be somewhere and I'll make it happen

If I can remember
                                FKA Redragtop
                                (formerly known as)

Comment

Working...
                                X