No announcement yet.

tail of the dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still in after the long haul ceremony. Where is everyone meeting and when ???

Comment

Depends on the weather for me.....if it's raining, I'm headed for Nashville. Since we start here next year (so I heard), we can always run it on the way back, when we're not trying to get home......
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was at the bus did'nt see anybody so had a change of plans hope everybody had a safe trip home.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I can't wait for the next killboy.com update!!!!
          sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

we run it on the way home saturday. it was FUN. i also cant wait for the photo updates wednesday (according to website). there was a mini-van in front of me that was using both lanes and flying. i was waiting for him to hit somone but he didnt...i would guess that he has run the road several times before.

Comment

we were going to but couldn't find anyone after the ceremony and we were wet and ready to get home so we will run it on the way out to NC next yr for the long haul and just leave a day or two early and play around up there

Comment

The pics of my car from Thursday evening are up on Killboy.com. 129slayer.com seems to not have photos from late enough in the day Thursday up quite yet. killboy got some decent shots, although I think they'd look better with more aperture. I can't seem to link directly too the pics. 6-6-2013 at 5:11 PM, pic numbers in the 820's-830's.
                1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

We ran it on Friday morning and had a ball. Made it to ZMax right after the rain.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jackreggers View Post
                    We ran it on Friday morning and had a ball. Made it to ZMax right after the rain.
                    You're my hero!!
                    "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

Saw the killboy.com pics of my friends in the 70 Maverick on June 7th..........(John and Sue that right-hander dropped chicane.....AWESOME!!!!).......

.......but was shocked to see a 20 shot montage of a Porsche unloading the suspension and putting it in the ditch ...

Last edited by 383S-10; June 13, 2013, 01:41 PM.
                      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

nice still froggy in some of those first pics

Comment

We went through the Tail of the Dragon at about 1pm Saturday and had a great time. Motorcycles everywhere..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

yeah we wanted to but were ready to get home plus I had some extra crap in my car that WONT be in there next yr not doing that again lol .... but yeah we will probably take an extra day on the way out next yr and stop and go through it then

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                              Saw the killboy.com pics of my friends in the 70 Maverick on June 7th..........(John and Sue that right-hander dropped chicane.....AWESOME!!!!).......

.......but was shocked to see a 20 shot montage of a Porsche unloading the suspension and putting it in the ditch ...

http://killboy.photoreflect.com/stor...4&g=04RK01WF02
                              The fun begins on page 38, about pic #1585.
                              Non-denominational car nut.
                              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                              Do you go all the way?

Comment

this time next week
                                2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                                2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                                2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                                2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                                2012 Northeast Rod Run