2013 Northeast Rod Run

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
    who lives nearby I can get some info from
    Mr Google?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      Mr Google?
      I talked to him already
      I want to talk to someone who lives near or who know all about it personally
      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
      2012 Northeast Rod Run
      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

not sure what you need to know but i may do it after the tour if your interested in riding together again

Comment

I go up there a couple times a year. What do you want to know?
          Non-denominational car nut.
          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
            I talked to him already
            I want to talk to someone who lives near or who know all about it personally
            I have been driving the Tail of the Dragon since the mid 70's, both by motorcycle and car. It's a very scenic drive with lots of interesting places to stop. It can be a very slow drive. If anyone is planning to do the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon on the way to Charlotte and get your card stamped by 6 PM, you had better get an eary start. Google maps gives about 9 hours driving time which does not allow for traffic jams, ect. Spending the night in Tellico Plains area would be a big help. The Cherohala Skyway can be run at around 50 MPH except around the east end of it the curves get pretty tight.
            Last edited by smalblock; March 17, 2013, 10:24 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

personnally i'm thinking sat or sunday. gives me some time to enjoy the scenery and stop when i want

Comment

i was thinking about doing it on the way home saturday afternoon.

Comment

Me too.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

it's in the opposite direction home for me. since i'm not long hauling and don't need to be there by six, i think i'll run it on the way over. i'll leave early, like maybe 6 or 7.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I want to run it on Saturday on my way home. I'll have to look it up and see if it is sort of on the way home..But I'll have the time and want to run it anyway..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                        I want to run it on Saturday on my way home. I'll have to look it up and see if it is sort of on the way home..But I'll have the time and want to run it anyway..
                        It could be on your way home if you want to go through the mountains and out I-40.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                          Rett.... You'll have a sidekick if you want one.....
                          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                          - George Orwell

Comment

I had never heard of this road but decided to do some searching & one of the things that I found was that Larry the Cable Guy did a show on it for one of his "Only in America" episodes that will air sometime in 2013.

We are going to look at it & see which way would work best for our plans.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                              I had never heard of this road but decided to do some searching & one of the things that I found was that Larry the Cable Guy did a show on it for one of his "Only in America" episodes that will air sometime in 2013.

We are going to look at it & see which way would work best for our plans.
                              Honestly, unless you stay that direction Thursday night and get up REALLY early, you will struggle getting to Charlotte in time to punch your card. Lots of slow back road driving and twisties......... but I definitely recommend doing it. I did it in the rain and dark coming back from Indy after Power Tour 2011 (not my best idea) and also done it other times, as it's fairly close to NE Atlanta.......

Comment

Working...
                              X