Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feeling the pressure to get done? '69 Road Runner will be ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    Blasphemy
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

southern/texan junkies, I will be changing the oil prior to the trip. She usually gets 5W30 synthetic, but I am thinking about 10W30 or 10W40. What do you use?
      nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
        ...synthetic...
        Thats like a hand job with a rubber glove

Comment

eh......anyway, I'm using either Rotella 15w-40, or Brad Penn 20w-50.....not quite sure what to do about the rubber glove thing.....rexx!

Comment

One car is down to the frame still and the other has no dash and won't start for some reason... Hmmm. Im like Bucky if it happens it happens.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Never heard it quite like that, LOL. Rotella 15w-40 like he said!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
                southern/texan junkies, I will be changing the oil prior to the trip. She usually gets 5W30 synthetic, but I am thinking about 10W30 or 10W40. What do you use?
                OK, since I was the first to drag this question off course and no one else has actually answered your question, I will take a shot at it. If you are only going to use it for this trip (change when you get back) then I don't think running 10w40 would hurt anything. If you are planning on changing it at a regualr interval (5,000 - 7,000) then using what you normally use should be OK as well.

As a note, in my daughter's Taurus, I run 5w30 SynPower. Now she doesn't live in the south but it still gets warm here in Florida and she doesn't typically sit in traffic idleing for an hour waiting to get into a venue or through one of those small town.

Comment

Well, I run Valvoline 10W30 in everything I own. K & N filters. So far, no oil-related issues in Texas, Alabama, or Michigan for that matter.......Everybody will have their favorites also, but any quality product should be fine IMHO.
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 14, 2013, 06:54 AM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                    Picture that with a chevy 468 hanging and that's my pressure. I'm off till next Friday so I hope to make a lot of progress.
                    you guys think that's pressure check out my facebook page I'm starting to get concerned at least the car is back to a rolling chassis we got the motor set in the wiring harness has been started and the AC is been started but other than that that's it if anybody wants to help come on by
                    Last edited by classicbern1; April 17, 2013, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                      One car is down to the frame still and the other has no dash and won't start for some reason... Hmmm. Im like Bucky if it happens it happens.
                      I'm with James........ If it happens, it happens. I won't be stressed or pressured. If it's meant to be, the Good Lord will find a way to make it happen.
                      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                      - George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X