No announcement yet.

Talladaga Stop on Thursday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy smoked his bearings at talledega. When he pulled over an old timer said, didn't ya run an extra quart of oil? "You always run extra oil at 'dega'"he said. Apparently his the track angle caused his oil sump to suck air.

I'm out, with my luck an axle will shoot out of the car I'll wreck and be s.o.l.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

Laps around 'Dega sounds like fun.
      1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
      2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

My rental car said it wants to go 100+..
        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

If we get a lap at 'dega I'm bring the "Beast" and leaving the "Banana Boat" home!
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I'll be down there on the 25th of May with the Vets with Vettes. They'll have two different sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon; 5 laps per session. I can't wait!! This time, I'm taking a co-rider and videoing the entire time!!
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

any updates on tour / possible laps ??

Comment

any updates on this? sounds fun

Comment

I think we are planning on modifying the Power Tour Route to this:

And hitting the International Motorsports Hall of Fame for a little bit.

Actually, when I looked at it a bit more, in the name of saving a little time and not running on straight, boring back roads I think this looked like the better route. Still hits Lookout Mountain and gets the good windy roads in.
                  Last edited by 4 cam torino; May 20, 2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Nothing happening with getting on the track or anything...tried to get back in contact with the guy that emailed me and i talked on the phone from the track and never heard back from him..have tried sevral times... lost cause... sorry hope you all have fun.maybe see you in 2014
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Even without getting on the track. The International Motorsports HoF appears to have a bunch of cool stuff on display and is right there by the track and as can be seen on the map above, isn't a real out of the way deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X