Power Tour - Travel from North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tour - Travel from North Carolina

This is my first Power Tour. Is anyone from VA, NC, SC, GA travelling to Arlington, TX for the long haul. Call or e-mail me and we may be able to caravan some of the way. I plan on leaving 5/29 and arriving in Arlington, TX 5/31. Call 252 402-5566 and ask for Dennis.
    Last edited by z06dennis; March 22, 2013, 09:25 AM.

leaving outta Va on the 29th I85 to I40 gonna shoot for Memphis or beyond first day
    Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I am leaving the 30th and heading through Atlanta.

Comment

im going as far around atlanta as i can..spent 3 hours in traffic comming back from Mobile...at 1 in the afternoon
        Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
          im going as far around atlanta as i can..spent 3 hours in traffic comming back from Mobile...at 1 in the afternoon
          I hope to hit Atlanta around 10:00 am, hopefully avoiding traffic. I am not sure if this a good plan or not...

Comment

I will be staying in Douglasville, Ga on the 29th. I plan to be on the road at 8 am on the 30th and staying in Vicksburg, MS. We'll get to Arlington, TX on the 31st. I recenlly drove I20 through Atlanta at 4pm on a Monday afternoon with no issues. The traffic was heavy but moved 50-55 mph non-stop. I was also towing my enclosed trailer with my chopped and channeled 32 Ford inside. The return trip home in the morning a week late later went well also. Maybe I'll see you on the road.

Comment

I am leaving early morning on the 31st. Try to run most of the way Friday, and get up early Saturday and go into Arlington.
              PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
              1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by z06dennis View Post
                I will be staying in Douglasville, Ga on the 29th. I plan to be on the road at 8 am on the 30th and staying in Vicksburg, MS. We'll get to Arlington, TX on the 31st. I recenlly drove I20 through Atlanta at 4pm on a Monday afternoon with no issues. The traffic was heavy but moved 50-55 mph non-stop. I was also towing my enclosed trailer with my chopped and channeled 32 Ford inside. The return trip home in the morning a week late later went well also. Maybe I'll see you on the road.
                I'm in Douglasville. Do you have friends/family here? I'm leaving the afternoon of the 30th, I wish I could leave sooner but I just cant take off. The traffic window in Atlanta is 10am to 3pm. Before or after that is the PITA time. Especially on Thursday and on Friday forget it, that window closes at 2pm. I don't know how far I'll make it on Thursday but hopefully far and then cruise into Arlington on the 31st.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

No family in Douglasville. It's about 530 miles from my home in Washington, NC. Just a good spot on the road to spend the night. I think Vicksburg, MS will be plaent far on day 2 making for a short day 3 to Arlington. My 47 Ford is comfortable but this 65 year man is not going to kill myself before the tour even starts.

Comment

I hear you. You'll be fine in Douglaville. The Hampton Inn on Douglas BLVD is good or any of the hotels on Concourse Pkwy are good.
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Atlanta

Heading out on the 30 and driving until we get tired. There are several of us going out of NC, SC, Va.
                      C-10 group.
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Power Tour Travel

Will be staying in Douglasville, GA the 29th. Maybe we will see you on the road. Keep an eye for my 47 on the roadside.

Dennis

Comment

Conyers GA on Friday the 31st

Heading out from conyers GA at o dark thirty on the 31st. Will get as far as we can and the finish Saturday morning and be there by noon. Will be 2 in my group ...my 57 Two Ten Chevrolet and my brothers 49 Deluxe Ford sedan.

Comment

Good to see you Dennis, and good to see you back Georgia_Model_A........
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We are leaving southwest Virginia on the afternoon of May 29. We will start out on I-81 to I-40 in Tennessee and probably stop around Nashville. We hope to arrive in Arlington on the afternoon of May 30.
                              http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X