Rochester to Madison road and food updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester to Madison road and food updates

As of this point in time, Hwy 14 is open all the way from LaCrosse,Wi to Madison,Wi........we did have some issues in Readstown,Wi with flooding over the bridge, closing down Hwy 14 for a period of time, but it is now back open and clear all the way to Madison.

Flash Flood Watches are currently in effect thru Thurs. evening.......looks like at this point that the heaviest rain will be to the north of us, so there shouldn't be any issues with this stretch of the route.....I will keep everyone posted if things do change.

Just got off the local radio station this morning to inform everyone in the area about the upcoming tour.......have a couple updates to the food stand list....

Richland Center,Wi 3 hrs from Rochester on hwy 14

There will be a pulloff/rest stop area in Richland Center at Ryans Auto Sales......we have gotten a large LED sign donated to show where to pull off.....we will have pop, water, brats, and perhaps hot dogs for any interested power tour participants.....we will NOT be charging a fee, since it's difficult to make change for such a large volume of people...however, we will have donation containers setup and would appreciate it if you could pitch something in, as we're investing our own time, money, and business time to help put this on.....

Also, there will be another brat stand with signs marking the route, just off hwy 14 at the first set of stoplights, put on by the local humane society...heres the lowdown I got this morning....

Hot Rod Power Tour

When you're going through Richland Center, Wisconsin, we invite you to STOP for lunch

at the

Animal House

for

Red Hot Chicago Dogs and Wisconsin Brats

Brats and Dogs are $2.00 each

Single Meal Deal – one brat or dog, bag of kettle chips, soda -- $3.50

Double Meal Deal – two brats or dogs, bag of kettle chips, soda -- $5.25

Chocolate Chip Cookies – 75 cents

Red Hot Chicago Dogs are a 100% all beef dog, with mustard, bright green pickle relish, onions, tomatoes, dill pickle, and two sport peppers.

This is sponsored by the Ocooch Mountain Humane Society. We are located at Ed's Family Foods, which is just a few feet off of Highway 14. There will be signs along Highway 14 to direct you. We look forward to meeting you.

Will keep everyone posted on further details and updates!

NOTE: If someone would eb kind enough to attend the Friday morning meeting and inform me if they DO change the route from hwy 14 to a different route so I can update the locals, I'd greatly appreciate it! My cell # is 608-604-9847

Re: Rochester to Madison road and food updates

THURSDAY MORNING, JUNE 12th
    8:30AM DEPARTURE from Iowa State Center
    Ames, IA to Rochester, MN

Exit Facility, Left onto University Blvd for 0.6 miles
    0.6 miles Turn Right (East) onto Lincoln Way for 0.7 miles
    1.3 miles Turn Left (North) onto US-69 / Grand Ave for a total of 76.6 miles
    51.1 miles Veer right to stay on US-69
    77.9 miles Turn right (East) onto US-18 for 13.5 miles
    91.4 miles Turn Right on I-35 S / US-18 East for 3.2 miles
    94.6 miles Exit 190, exit onto US-18 East / IA-27 for 32.4 miles
    127 miles Turn Left (North-East) onto US-218 for 11.2 miles
    138.2 miles Turn Right (East) onto SR-9 for 26.9 miles
    165.1 miles Turn Left (North) onto US-63 for 50.6 mi
    175.8 miles Entering Minnesota
    215.7 miles Turn Right (East) onto US-14 / 12th St. SE for 2.1 miles
    217.8 miles Turn Left (North) onto CR-22 / 30th Ave for 0.7 miles
    218.5 miles Turn Left on CR-9 at stop light
    ARRIVE @ ROCHESTER COMMUNITY AND
    TECHNICAL COLLEGE

Updated directions to Rochester
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Another update:

Hwy 14 at this point looks good....rain coming today but shouldn't alter the route down hwy 14.

However, those of you thinking of taking I90/94 into Madison should be aware that they are talking about closing the interstate at Portage,Wi at exit 106 due to flooding of the Baraboo River, and concerns of water coming over the bridge on the interstate....there will be a posted detour.

Still open so as of 8 am this morning, but things may change after the rains this afternoon......I'll try to keep this post updated throughout the day so you know whats going on.....any questions or concerns, feel free to call me....

Shawn M Grimm
      Shawn's Auto Repair and Performance
      220 N. Church St.
      Richland Center,Wi 53581
      608-649-AUTO (2886)
      608-604-9847 cell
      [email protected]

Comment

Road update as of 7pm....

Mazomanie to Madison on Hwy 14. is fine. If you are thinking of coming down the Interstate from Lacrosse to Madison 90/94, and coming threw Baraboo they have now closed Hwy 12 south of Baraboo, heavy flooding on the bluffs and mudslides on the Hwy. Portage also has lanes closed on the Interstate system, not sure which ones, but there are those that are closed. (Note: DOT website says both southbound lanes closed at hwy 33 interchange)

Hwy 14, again, from Mazomanie to Madison as of now is still fine. West of here I have not heard yet but traffic is still moving and there are no announced detours on Hwy 14 as of now.

Hwy 14 from LaCrosse to Mazomanie is currently open....water close to the shoulders near Spring Green, but no shutdowns as of yet.....will update later or in the morning right away if anything changes......

Hopefully 14 stays open...we're sure looking forward to seeing everyone.....

Comment

This is off hot rods site. Looks like they are taking 95% interstate into Madison.

Update: New Directions to Madison
          From Rochester Community and Technical College:
          Take 30th street South to US-14
          Turn Right onto US 14 Eastbound for 8 miles to MN-42.
          Turn Left to merge onto I-90 East for 193 miles
          Take Exit 142A to merge onto W Beltline Highway/US-12/US-18W toward Madison for 4.7 miles
          Take Exit 263 to merge onto CR-MC N/John Nolen Drive
          Turn Left at CR-MM/Rimrock Road
          Turn Right on Fairgrounds Drive
          Turn Left at Alliant Energy Center way.

Comment

FOOLISH!!! Hwy 14 IS OPEN from LaCrosse to Madison, while the interstate as of early this morning was down to 1 lane southbound for approx. 20 miles.....

WAAAAYYYY to go HotRod Magazine :

Comment

I'm not happy about this either.

They are now closing parts of I90:

I-90/94 westbound at US 151 (Exit 135 - Madison) due to rising water at I-90/94 westbound at the Baraboo River (WIS 33)

I have a group from Madison Ready to Roll! We may drive up to Richland Center then up 80 to Lisbon.

Comment

Hotrod screwed the pooch.....what a bunch of dipshits...they announce at the drivers meeting to take the interstate when the route 14 is wide open..think they will ever get their shit togeather?

And Shawn thanks much for the lunch, the brats were great.....
                Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by fine59
                  Hotrod screwed the pooch.....what a bunch of dipshits...they announce at the drivers meeting to take the interstate when the route 14 is wide open..think they will ever get their shit togeather?

And Shawn thanks much for the lunch, the brats were great.....
                  14 was a beautiful ride. I'm from WI & dont get to this part of the state often, so I really enjoyed the scenery.
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Strokercutlass
                    FOOLISH!!! Hwy 14 IS OPEN from LaCrosse to Madison, while the interstate as of early this morning was down to 1 lane southbound for approx. 20 miles.....

WAAAAYYYY to go HotRod Magazine :
                    The funniest part is, even though they TOLD us to take the interstate, we passed one of the cars like the Lead Vehicle car but a tan version with Hot Rod people on 14 this morning before anyone even know 90 had issues! ???

Comment

Working...
                    X