No announcement yet.

Autocross in Birmingham Al on June 5th stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking forward to this and drag racing at 2 venues.
    2011 Long Hauler
    2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

definitely

Comment

Hey Thomas, I'm with you!! All though I won't be going to Charlotte, I'll be putting Jade on the track in Memphis and definitely doing the autocross in Birmingham!!!
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Racing

If they make me empty out my bed of the truck to do this it may take awhile with the list of stuff I plan to have with me. But I'm game.
          What kind of helmet do you need? I have a Harley one that I use for the dragster golf cart!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

that's bad ass

Comment

Originally posted by okie300c View Post
              that's bad ass
              Thanks, that is my 20 year old son driving it at 10.7 seconds @ 60MPH. Have the slip to prove it to!
              It's a blast to drive. I wish I could bring it with me and show it off to! The truck sit's to low to haul it though.

Comment

At the autocross I went to you had to have a Snell rated helmet 2005 or 2010. There are different types of Snell ratings. SA for competitive motorsports, M for motorcycles and K for karting. The other event allowed SA or M. I have an M. Think it depends on the facility and who is doing tech. HRPT didn't seem to have a strict tech at Gateway.

Comment

Racing

The helmet I have is for Motor cycles. Bought it at the local harley shop one day when they had a sale.

I guess I could bring my drivers suit to.

Comment

It looked like they had the AL SCCA running the auto x last time. Any SCCA club I've ever run with required a helmet to be from the 2 most recent standards (in this case 2005 and 2010) and to be M or SA. A DOT motorcycle helmet isn't necessarily snell M rated. I would say there are 5 things tech will typically look for. Battery tie down (bungies and straps won't cut it), firm brake pedal, wheels aren't loose (simple shake by hand test), loose contents of vehicle removed, and the snell tag inside the helmet (typically kind of hidden in the padding in the helmet)
                    1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                    2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Label

I guess I need to check and see if it has it and which one it is.
                      It has made in 2006/B It has a Dot wrote on the back of it.
                      I will have it all they can say is No!
                      Last edited by Andy4639; May 24, 2013, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                        Hey Thomas, I'm with you!! All though I won't be going to Charlotte, I'll be putting Jade on the track in Memphis and definitely doing the autocross in Birmingham!!!
                        Yep, should be a blast. Yall be sure to remember to bring a helmet. Sorry you won't be in Charlotte, I'll have my drag radials on there, hope to at least get a few decent slips. I'm not expecting much at Memphis on my everyday radials. I've run at Zmax a few times, it's my favorite track. It's called the Bellagio of drag strips for a reason. It would be really awesome if they let us run 4 wide. I ran 4 wide there in Pinks All Out a few years back. I'm entered in the Burnout record attempt to.
                        Last edited by Thomasmoto; May 24, 2013, 10:22 AM.
                        2011 Long Hauler

Comment

cab you just show up for the burnout or you have to preregister?

Comment

Said you had to register by 4 PM the day of, but if they didn't have enough pre registered and it didn't look like they would get 70 cars they would call it off.
                            1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                            2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

I went ahead and sent my entry in for the burnout record to the Hot Rod addy given earlier and they answered me very quickly that I was confirmed. Guess we will have to wait a little bit to see some results.
                              Last edited by Thomasmoto; May 24, 2013, 03:09 PM.
                              2011 Long Hauler

Comment

The last time we autocrossed at Birmingham - there was no helmet requirement.

Comment

Working...
                                X