Question about Power Tour Rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Power Tour Rules?

Hello everyone, newbie here. I have been trying to get to my first ever Power Tour for the last 3 years, but I have been diagnosed & fighting every day with a terminal disease. I have lots of GREAT friends who have helped me get my truck finished, but do not believe I can make the drive in it. My question is, I have a buddy & my son who is offering to haul my truck in my enclosed & let me ride in the dually, till we get to each venue & then unload & enjoy!!! Is this acceptable & can I also register both trucks, so I can pull it in to each venue? Please advise, as this is something I must do!!
    Sincerely,
    jim

Jim, there are no rules.
    Do your thing and have fun !!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jim this is your vacation enjoy it any way you want. We have taken our daily driver before with no problems and there are plenty of people that trailer there rides from venue to venue. Again welcome and hope to see you there.
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Jim

there might be some parking issues for your dually and the trailer even if registered. I don't see a probelm with you taking your truck in the trailer and unloading it at each stop. Also, depending on when you arrive at each venue - you may get parked out in the east forty (where ever that might be). One thing to consider - PowerTour is not your typical parking lot car show where you sit in your lawn chair by your car. Typically people take their chairs into the venue (away from the cars) and put them in front of the stage. They then walk around the mid-way (vendor area) gathering the swag of the day. It can be quite a bit of walking and standing to take in the entire venue.

But as others have said - it is your vacation and it is up to you to enjoy it the way you want to. Hope you make it all work as it is a very cool experience. Good Luck
        Last edited by cstmwgn; April 13, 2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

2010 was the last year my dad and I were on Power Tour. He too was fighting a terminal illness at the time, but is no longer suffering. This year my mother and I will be on Power Tour. If there is ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING my mom and I can do to help facilitate you while on the Power Tour, please feel free to ask.
          Last edited by 1993BlackLightning; April 13, 2013, 11:52 AM.
          1993 Black F150 Lightning (Street Cruiser)
          1993 Yellow F150 Lightning (Bracket Race Toy)
          2012 6.2L F150 (Tow Pig/DD)
          (AKA YellowLightning)

Comment

Originally posted by 1993BlackLightning View Post
            2010 was the year year my dad and I were on Power Tour. He too was fighting a terminal illness at the time, but is no longer suffering. This year my mother and I will be on Power Tour. If there is ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING my mom and I can do to help facilitate you while on the Power Tour, please feel free to ask.
            well hello stranger

jim just haul your vehicle & drive it in
            Last edited by 55lincoln; April 13, 2013, 11:39 AM.
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Jim, it sounds like you have some great friends !! They really deserve a lot of credit! As what has already been said, there are no rules, so welcome and enjoy!! Be sure to hang with the bangshifters as we are one big family!! Best of Luck!!
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                There might be some parking issues for your dually and the trailer even if registered.
                Jim,
                Just drive the dually trailer rig from hotel to hotel and then unload and cruise your truck to the venue.
                Only register your hot rod truck, not the dually.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                  Jim,
                  Just drive the dually trailer rig from hotel to hotel and then unload and cruise your truck to the venue.
                  Only register your hot rod truck, not the dually.
                  I would register the dually as well. Its a very small fee they charge per vehicle. With your illness, I'm sure you have some medical support equipment, etc that you would like to keep nearby. It may not all fit in your hot rod truck and could be brought in the dually.
                  1993 Black F150 Lightning (Street Cruiser)
                  1993 Yellow F150 Lightning (Bracket Race Toy)
                  2012 6.2L F150 (Tow Pig/DD)
                  (AKA YellowLightning)

Comment

If the trailer is a problem take it and drop it at your motel register the two trucks and take both to the venue that way if the hot rod truck does'nt have air or room for your supplies you will have the dually for back up. Again hope to see you there having a great time.
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Hey Jim
                      all great advice, I have a Handicapped son and we do things a little different to help him and we have a great time. Like everyone has said its your vacation make yourself comfortable and have fun. There is also plenty of support I see it every year from other fellow car nuts to the vendors. Hope to meet you on tour.
                      Perry
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Jim, You have heard it all and now know what you can do. We are all here to help , now and during the tour.

Blake, We can't wait to see you and your mom. God bless your entire family.
                        Jim & Maureen
                        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

It's all good Jim, just make arrangements for the trailer.....when I blew the trans in Madison in 08, they wouldn't let me in on the wrecker, had to unload it and push it in, trying to get to the GM medics. (it was almost 6pm friday, the lsat day of tour and they were already packed up) So I am guessing there is a "Zero Tolerance" trailer policy.
                          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Good morning to all & thank you for all of the kind words & advise. My youngest son took me fishing yesterday & wore my butt out! Just finally got going today & had a chance to log on. Hard to hold back the tears while reading all of the posts! I really appreciate everyone's input & hope to meet each & everyone of you.
                            Sincerely,
                            jim

Comment

Originally posted by BZRFAB View Post
                              I really appreciate everyone's input & hope to meet each & everyone of you.
                              Jim,
                              You will not meet a better bunch of people or more caring a group anywhere else. Heck, on tour, if you pull over to pee, you'll have twenty others pull over right behind you, to see if you need anything ... ha, ha, ha.

Heads up. The Forum Freaks usually wear our own swag during tour, so keep your eyes on the boards and get you some. Then, as you walk around the venues, you will see hundreds of others in the same style / color t-shirt and everybody will see you in yours and will stop to say hello. One of us usually has a "Starting Line" party at the start of the tour and a "Finish Line" party at the end. Also, a visit cruise to a VA hospital before the start in the host city to share with your Vets.

Stay tuned ....

Comment

Working...
                              X