Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you manic or depressed? (Post Power Tour attitude)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you manic or depressed? (Post Power Tour attitude)

I'm home in Green Bay (only a 2-hour ride home from Madison) after HRPT 2008. After spending time with many, many people (some nameless and some known) I feel empty and a bit depressed. We all spend a week together yet apart on HRPT. But the energy is high during the week. We see terrific project vehicles, meet people from all over the place, share good stories (some of them bullshit) and get ideas to continue our hobby for the next year. I am flying all week on HRPT. Then when it's time to leave, I crash and get depressed. How are the rest of you doing?

Re: Are you manic or depressed? (Post Power Tour attitude)

Wow, I can't believe somebody felt the same way I did after my first power tour. I thought it was just me.
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I'm taking my time getting home, it doesent end till I pull in the driveway! Then I will go over all my pics and try to put names with faces and cars. Maybe I will need an antidepressant?
      Living the dream!

Comment

Wow. I suffered through this after DragWeek.I was going to stay at my sisters on the way back from Cordova but instead drove straight through to Topeka.Got home at 1 a.m. and couldnt get to sleep until 6 a.m.As long as you dont buy any videos(thanks Kyle)you should be fine in a month or two!Im glad you guys came through here,just wish more locals and businesses would have known about it. > It could have been a more kickass time!!

Comment

To tired to be either, so I'm working on drunk ;).
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I live those daily-nothing to do with Powertour. I am however having withdrawals from seeing 2500 awesome cars navigating the streets, now watching generic econo-boxes go by, some with 6" muffler tips and a punk who don't know which direction the bill on his cap is made to go.
            I am reminded why I am anti-social.

Comment

I can definitely relate to this post. My wife and I spent an extra day in Madison and just got home tonight. It was kind of a sad four-hour drive not seeing a single other Power Tour car after a week of craziness. Back to reality I guess. But a big Twin Cities show called Back to the 50s is next weekend and the Car Craft Summer Nats are in July!

Comment

I'm very sad!! I only got to go to Little Rock for the Cruisapalooza and the Power Tour,and I had a blast.

I just wish the Tour would come back through here again,but I know it will probably be quite some time before it ever does! What a bummer! It was great to have the Power Tour here for two years though.

Comment

I feel like something is missing, not waking up getting ready packing the car and heading out with the rest of the Hot Rodders heading for the next venue. I'll just have to make the local car shows to help through to next year. :'(
                  It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Got up this morning, packed up my bags, got in the car, and realized that the drivers meeting isnt until June 6 2009.
                    Well I'm a little early :

Unpacked the Camaro, went back inside, got dressed up, grabbed my laptop and briefcase - and off to work - to save up for HRPT 2009!!

Thanks to all - met wonderful people and had a great time. ;D

Comment

I know what you mean. It's killing me too. It was almost surreal when I woke up the last day. It was all like a bad dream on Saturday morning on the way to the Long Haul Awards. Seven vehicles with a minimum of two people per vehicle and a maximum of four went on this tour from my restoration shop in Indiana all the way from start to finish. None of us even really talked to each other that morning. We were sad that it was over. We all kind of went in separate directions when we hit northern Illinois and said our good byes. Kind of sad. Wouldn't it be awesome if we all had jobs with some Magazine to drive Hot Rods across the country on a daily basis? lol I miss everyone I met. I didn't have one bad experience on tour. My second year and plan to make it a third next year.

Take care everyone and stay safe... I want to see you all again next year!

Originally posted by CJP
                      I'm home in Green Bay (only a 2-hour ride home from Madison) after HRPT 2008. After spending time with many, many people (some nameless and some known) I feel empty and a bit depressed. We all spend a week together yet apart on HRPT. But the energy is high during the week. We see terrific project vehicles, meet people from all over the place, share good stories (some of them bullshit) and get ideas to continue our hobby for the next year. I am flying all week on HRPT. Then when it's time to leave, I crash and get depressed. How are the rest of you doing?

Comment

I was looking for the cooler to get a drink. Then I remembered I was at home. So I went to the fridge. ;D
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
                          To tired to be either, so I'm working on drunk ;).
                          Amen brother! Me an my friend Johnny Walker spent some quality time together too. I saw your car parked at several of the venues, but I didn't see you. Let's do it all again next year.

Comment

I took my time and just got home Thursday evening. It's kind of like the day after Christmas. I'm glad that evryone made it home safely. I'm reading some of these threads and looking forward to seeing ya'll again next time.
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

How's the Impala doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X