Made it home!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it home!!

The wife and I made it home about 5:30pm today. I want to say it was a pleasure meeting all of you, and I had a great time. Hope to do next years tour and see all of you again. Hope everyone makes it home safe and sound.
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Re: Made it home!!

Hey Jim, good to meet you and Tina! Not sure we will make the trip next year, I'd be 2 days to the start and 3 long days home with close to 6,000 miles. :P Might have to work on a "cheap street's" tour out this way! ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Just got home too,awesome meeting new junkies and old alike.Once again the class of people we met along the way was second to none!The trip was uneventfull for breakdowns as well as rain!The Jag was trouble free,a little less fun to drive compared to wagon,but much more comfortable!Hope everyones trip home was safe,and sound.Post some more later! 8)

Comment

We finally made it home (after driving almost clear around Iowa again) about 1:00 PM today. What a fantastic time!! Great to have met most of you, sorry to have missed some of you, but we'll all have another chance in 2009!
        How's that go???......Power Tour Registration.......$63
        Hotels/food/adult beverages/gas.........$2000
        Meeting Freaks on Tour.........PRICELESS.

Thanks everyone,

Mary, Ed, and of course, Earl ;D
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Were home as well. Pulled in around 4:15pm today. I could only make about 1,000 miles Saturday and had to call it a day just outside of Forsyth. Total distance this year was 4,096.1 miles. We consumed 418.8 gallons of gas for an average 9.78 mpg.

Comment

glad to hear all of ya are making it home safe. it was great seeing everyone. we got home on wednsday, went out to start my car on friday night and it won't start AGAIN. it's a different problem this time, it'll turn over but not start. i don't feel like messing with it right now so i'm driving my other car. looks like i came home at the right time. i wouldn't have been a very happy camper if it had broke down that far north.

Comment

We rerouted down through Illinios Saturday and stopped and visited some friends in Peoria, Ill. Hadn't seen them in over a year, so we spent a few hours catching up and then we headed on home and got in about 11:00 PM Saturday. Had a great time even though the Chevelle only ran for half of the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                Hey Jim, good to meet you and Tina! Not sure we will make the trip next year, I'd be 2 days to the start and 3 long days home with close to 6,000 miles. :P Might have to work on a "cheap street's" tour out this way! ;)

Cheaps 8)
                It was also great meeting you, and we hope to make next years tour, but a run to Colorado would be great. That is one beautiful state, and would love for Tina to see it. Hope this next coming year is a great one for you all.
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Made it home tonight at about 9:00 p.m.
                  Two good hard days of driving. I am very depressed that the Power Tour is done but since it is over I am glad to be home. Total of 3700 miles for this Power Tour. I cannot wait to see what the final stops are for next year. Time to start planning for 2009.
                  1964 Chevelle
                  Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                  LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Working...
                  X