Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you need to do to your ride to be ready for PT 2013

I need to change trans fluid and filter.. and install new leaf springs

Install capret, seat, center console. Bleed Brakes. Get new tires mounted. Re-Install Grill. Install Speedometer.

Then drive it 150 miles non-stop as a shakedown run after all the new parts have been installed.... 39 days!!!!

Comment

Finish the AC lines/mount the condensor, finish the trans tunnel, weld in the shock tower delete panels, fab the pedals, modify floor to get the seats lower, mount the seats...

Nevermind, just got a new pair of PS2's mounted on the back of the V wagon. A good detailing and an oil change and it's good to go.
      1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
      2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

Driving a late model GTO this year, I'm low maintenence. Oil change, new tires, and turn the brakes. There's a little pulse in the pedal.
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Yeah, I got razzed for this last year....new car, don't need to do anything.....but not true.........
          Oil change
          New rotors, new pads
          new rear cradle bushings
          paint calipers
          figure out that GoPro thing

Comment

I'm thinking Earl gets new tires this year.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

So far I have the following left:

1- Replace front calipers, rubber lines & pads

2- Check/Pack front wheel bearings

3- Get Dash lights operational

4- Get Gas gauge functional

5- Get Speed-o-gear for 3.00 gears

6- Get Fan Shroud & figure out how to install on aftermarket radiator

7- Get Transmission Hard Lines from FineLines, has rubber hoses & I don't trust them

8- Decide if I am leaving the electric Mallory fuel pump or stick a mechanical one on.

9- Get Fuel Line away from headers/mufflers, routed really close & mufflers can shake & hit

10- Steering shaft coupler loose, need to replace

11- Swap drag shocks for conventional

12- Windshield wiper motor needs installed & figure out if wiper wiring harness & switch are any good

13- Find some lock rods that go from tumbler to latch in the doors

14- Get door panels installed, got to get locks on

15- Front end alignment, been playing with torsions on height, I am sure it’s off now

16- Get tires balanced

17- Get a spare tire

18- Find Front sway bar & get new bushings & links

Comment

I'm like you Diane, newer car and all I ever needed was an oil change. Not this year, my rental car got new tires and I need to get alignment, oil change before and after I get back..Then I'm good..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

How will you ever get all that done in such a short time Rett your going to be exhausted.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Might be tough for Rett, sounds like he isn't home to much. Such a jet setter

Grancuda, you won't need a spare tire, probably won't have room for it. See I just took one thing off your list to do!
                    Last edited by redragtop; April 24, 2013, 05:31 PM.
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

All done. Installed cruise control, new tires, new stereo, Dynamat, seat belts, & tonneau cover so the truck is ready!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by narxoleptic View Post
                        Install capret, seat, center console. Bleed Brakes. Get new tires mounted. Re-Install Grill. Install Speedometer.

Then drive it 150 miles non-stop as a shakedown run after all the new parts have been installed.... 39 days!!!!
                        Should be easy...BTW, welcome to the boards

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                        All done. Installed cruise control, new tires, new stereo, Dynamat, seat belts, & tonneau cover so the truck is ready!
                        Cool Jim...Can't wait to see the new ride in person

My to-do list is getting shorter....but so is the time I have left
                        FKA Redragtop
                        (formerly known as)

Comment

I have to finish redoing my headlight retrofits, install my Killer Chiller unit and get some new tires on. Other than that, It will need a good wash, wax and full detail before getting packed up for the 1300 mile trip to Arlington.

Comment

Greg and Mike/Donna.. I'm taking next week off to get it all done...So I'll come out of retirement for the week to get work done..Humm, that just sounds wrong some how..
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Some of you have some work to do but thats what its all aboenjout..i left out two things.change rad fluid and make sure a/c is cold as ice...i better get going noy much time left...ENJOY AND B SAFE...USE GOOD JACKSTANDS...

Comment

Working...
                              X