what do you need to do to your ride to be ready for PT 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by moparjim71
    All done. Installed cruise control, new tires, new stereo, Dynamat, seat belts, & tonneau cover so the truck is ready!
    Cool Jim...Can't wait to see the new ride in person

My to-do list is getting shorter....but so is the time I have left

Mike, we can't wait to drive it on tour. It does need paint though, not a show truck by any means.
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing it too Jim. Maybe you can make RockNRods this year too!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
        Greg and Mike/Donna.. I'm taking next week off to get it all done...So I'll come out of retirement for the week to get work done..Humm, that just sounds wrong some how..
        Damn right that sounds just plain wrong...

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
        Mike, we can't wait to drive it on tour. It does need paint though, not a show truck by any means.
        Go and no show is much better than all show and no go. It looked good in the pics you posted earlier. See you in about a month
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

I was gonna wait to get 2 new front tires, but since I went road racing and auto crossing last weekend I went ahead and got them for that, so all I need to do now is change the oil as long as I don't spin the rear tires too much between now and then. :-)
          2011 Long Hauler
          2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

wow, down to install seat, grill and seat belts. I have a mechanic bleeding the brakes, trans pan gasket, rear axle gasket, mounting new tires on Saturday!! It's getting so close!!

Comment

Well installed a new temp gauge to find that is was broken already. The needle was stuck below the pin so at least it would never get hot right? So now when I drain the fluids I think I' m going to change the radiator as well just to be on the safe side with the sourthern heat. Also just found a rear brake line is leaking so I' am gonna replace both axle lines and the rubber line while I'm there. I have also changed the carb, ran new plug wire in looms, installed new plugs and got new tires. So we are almost ready.

Comment

Brought the El Camino back from the upholsterer today. New headliner, sail panels & visors. Unfortunately, only had the time & $ to do the things that were completely shot right now. Sill have a box of new carpet waiting for me to install. Should have that & the front clip done this weekend.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

tires right now my baby is sitting on 4 jackstands hoping the new tires arrive in time

Comment

Car #1 tint windows, oil change, check fluids, wax
                    Car #2 New tires, tint, motor mounts, finish buttoning up new transmission, new radio,
                    Oil change, check fluids, reattach a/c belt, tighten up the exhaust, buff and wax.
                    Car #3 put on new tires, oil change, check fluids, replace EGR, tighten up steering,
                    check wheel bearings, Tint windows, new wipers, buff & wax.
                    Try to find my sanity.
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

Get the new front tires put on.
                      Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

It doesn't feel like the Tour to me unless there is a thrash.

So I decided to drive the Camino again this year . . . but with the motor that is in the five five. So this week I have two cars without motors in them !

Let the Thrash begin !!!

Always taking the road less traveled DTB

p.s. see ya'll in Arlington
                        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Better get to work David -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                          X