TOTAL MILES AND MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOTAL MILES AND MPG

Jim and I got home about 5PM Sunday...As has been said, it was great to renew old friendships and make many new ones. Only issue coming home was the Buick ran hot with A/C on, so we rode with windows down. Great to see so many friends on I 39, 74, 57, etc. as you passed us. :D

We ran 60 for most of the trip. No overdrive and 3.47 rear gives about 2500 rpm at that speed. Burned about 187 gallons of gas at a cost of $780.44, driving 2998 miles, => 16.16 mpg average or $0.26 per mile. Not too bad for a 40 year old, 110,000 mile 400 cu in automatic. ;D
    John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Originally posted by bowtiemonster
      Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
      Originally posted by bowtiemonster
      my 30 mpg from last year kind a suffered this year. no one to draft. ;D
      John, it's those 10 minute breaks every 100 miles! ;D Makes it hard to stay w/someone to draft with.

Cheaps 8)
      Not my fault, got to keep the peace.
      John, I know the feeling. :
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

We went 2285 miles this year. Not sure about MPG but last year I averaged 15.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I only drove part of one leg and got 34MPG ;D

1500cc single port VW engine.

Comment

2750 miles and I am still unsure how much I have in the trip. I averaged 18 miles per gallon however, I have yet to add up my receipts... ;)

Comment

We did 5095 miles, got 30.6 MPG. Only problem I had was the thermostat sticking on the way back, just outside of Denver it started to act up. It started to heat up a bit going up the grade which I figured as normal, but then going down it cooled off 20 degrees too far then shot up to higher than when I was under load while climbing. All the way home I was trying to see what would make it heat up, and it would happen at high or slow speed, with or without AC, climbing or going down hills, level road....... 57 degree weather it ran hot, 100 degree desert it ran cold????
              I have to go get a new thermostat and try that this evening.

Comment

i hate thermostates > > ;D

ran 12 hours on sat and 12 hours on sun and made it home last nite. had the fuel pump shut down in indy, but after 15 min cooldown, it never skipped a beat all the way home.

3880 miles at 23.64 mpg = a little more than 164 gals at about $3.90 avg (was able to run regular) = ~$640.00, split two ways. not as bad as i thought it would be.

great fun per dollar ratio ;D ;D
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

2688 miles for me, averaged 22.4 mpg, gotta love 6 speed manuals.
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z
                    2688 miles for me, averaged 22.4 mpg, gotta love 6 speed manuals.
                    Results of another LT1/6speed/F-body

Total miles ~ 3,450
                    Best mpg – just better than 29 mpg with the cruise control set to 70 mph during a leg home on I-80, Saturday June 14
                    Week average mpg – 24.5 mpg
                    Worst mpg – just over 18 mpg between Ames and Rochester following Bob & Jesse in the ’56 Chevy I have no idea our mph as I was just trying to keep up with those l’il taillights
                    Consumption ~ 141 gallons = $616
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

3900 miles
                      Interstate 75 mph 14.7mpg
                      Local roads in and out of 5 gear 10-11mpg
                      I Wish could have I drove farther
                      bob

Comment

3400 miles

17 mpg

Big block 402 running 75 with the air on,not to bad

Met so many great people on the tour and am already looking forward to meeting up in the future.

FORUM FREAKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DF,when I spoke to Jerry Pitt he had nothing but the highest regards for you and said you are still one of his best buddies.Keep up the great work everybody.
                        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Drove 2560 miles total trip and averaged about 22.78 mpg. My mileage was down this year as per prior long hauls. I guess it was the newly blended fuels.

Comment

Total milage = 4,422 miles

20.7 MPG (calculated only highway miles from the last fill-up, not the entire trip)

.. and my tank filler hose leaked too, but I filled it up anyhow.

Comment

4,222 total miles for the trip.
                              298.35 gallons of gas
                              14.15 avg mpg
                              $1,257.13 in fuel costs :o

Oh yeah. We made 27 fuel stops on the tour. Our friends in their 06 Vette laughed at every stop. They would get 3 gallons and I would get 10.

Would we do it again? Absolutely!!!

Hope to see you all next year in Madison!

Comment

We went almost 3000 miles exactly but I have no idea what mileage I was getting or how much gas was. It's probably better that I don't know. ;D
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X