long hauler prizes and awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long hauler prizes and awards

Was it just me, or was it a bit of a slap in the face to long haulers that you could register ON LINE for the "long hauler" prizes and not need to be there? I also over heard several people who were at the "long hauler awards" say "we only started in" and we are gonna get our long hauler prizes.

I guess I was just disappointed that being a "long hauler" just did not seem to mean much to HOT ROD or the sponsors.

I did have a GREAT TIME and am hoping to do it again next year but I hope that the powers that be offer the lhr's a better deal and VIP parking!!!!!!!!!!

Re: long hauler prizes and awards

Yeah that kinda pissed me off too that the "long hauler engine giveway" went to someone who wasnt even there. and a "slap in the face" when he said you could register on line and you didnt have to be there.... WTF is that ??? i thought a long hauler giveaway had to be given to an actual long hauler....

All in all i had a blast... Weather was better than last year ;D.... i must say drivers meetings sucked and i really missed Chad and Freiberger [sp?] ... they just had more enthusiasm and you could tell they were "actual car guys"

the Long Hauler thermos and cup were cool.... wish it had a matching gas card but, hey.... i go on the PowerTour to drive my car and meet new friends, enjoy the beautiful scenery, spend time with my wife and drive my car, and see lots of cool cars and did i mention....drive my car. ;D ;)

Comment

So basically, I can register online and be a longhauler and I can buy a $65 raffle ticket to win a car and a longblock and never even drive a single leg. I personally think this should be addressed but it's all about the money-right?
      I still had a good time and don't have the luck to win anyway.

Comment

Hey Guys (gals or Ladies)

If you are long hauling for the prizes then in MY opinion you are missing the point.

Screw the prizes - drive the car and have fun with others doing the same thing.

Comment

Hey Guys check with Hot Rod or DF but I believe that registration for the car and engine has always been open to internet registration during the HRPT. I know it has been since 2004. It just sucks that a person was not there to claim it. In 2005 the winner was not present.

Comment

Originally posted by 67BlueSS
            Hey Guys check with Hot Rod or DF but I believe that registration for the car and engine has always been open to internet registration during the HRPT. I know it has been since 2004. It just sucks that a person was not there to claim it. In 2005 the winner was not present.
            Yeah, I thought the 'LongHauler' engine was won by someone who was there. A guy from Missouri. The other engine and the HHR were for the entire world to sign up for, and they used the Long Hauler's ceremony to announce those winners because it was live on Hot Rod TV.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

this is my second long haul and I CAN'T WIN THE MAJOR PRIZES but I still go to have a great time & make new friends
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

It would have been nice to win one of those prizes, but meeting new friends and enjoying the cars was worth more than any of the prizes.
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                  Hey Guys (gals or Ladies)

If you are long hauling for the prizes then in MY opinion you are missing the point.

Screw the prizes - drive the car and have fun with others doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                    It would have been nice to win one of those prizes, but meeting new friends and enjoying the cars was worth more than any of the prizes.
                    SOLSTICE saw your car in lot at awards thing. did not connect w/ you this time....next year should be different..

Comment

This year never even went to the stage, had more fun with friends and suds. Thanks to everyone it was a real treat to meet old friends and make several new ones. hope to see you all a again.
                      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                        Originally posted by 67BlueSS
                        Yeah, I thought the 'LongHauler' engine was won by someone who was there. A guy from Missouri. The other engine and the HHR were for the entire world to sign up for, and they used the Long Hauler's ceremony to announce those winners because it was live on Hot Rod TV.
                        I would like to say I agree about the long haulers should have a special give away because what they do is support & advertise the power tour with their commitment to the long haul.

As for the 2005 giveway.....it was won by a longhauler from New Market, AL that was there in Kissimmee when her name was announced. If you look at the long hauler photo from that year you will see her, her husband & son standing by the car.
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

The people that won cars in 2003, 2004, & 2006 were present at the long hauler event. As far as I know you've been able to register for one of the engines as well as the car online while the tour is in progress. Only one entry per email and one entry in person while on the tour. Trust me we know the rules and the joy of being there when they announce your name! :D

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
                            Originally posted by Solsticefun
                            SOLSTICE saw your car in lot at awards thing. did not connect w/ you this time....next year should be different..
                            Yea, I was wondering were you were. Hope to meet you next year, and the rest that I met this year too.
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

they pass out awards? where the hell was i at? LOL
                              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X