Shine on my boots and my sideburns low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shine on my boots and my sideburns low

I wanted to thank everyone for the comradery, hospitality and tolerance on the tour this year.

As for the tolerance, I would like to sincerely apologize to anyone that I angered > , offended :-[ or scared :'( while driving my truck this year. At NO time were we late for an important appointment, in need of emergency medical attention or rushing to the aid of a fallen comrand. We were not rushing to catch back up with friends or traveling companions or to make up for lost time while wandering around lost. None of these can be used to justify my behavior.

The only explanation I can give you was that on my first tour DAVID SAID it was my responsibility to have fun on my vacation and ever since that moment - the carpet has been crushed! :o

For those that I managed to offend in person - that is a little more difficult. There seems to be lots of options:

You could just walk away recognizing a lost cause / no win situation :-X
    You could ask Blake if he could get Boudrow and Tibadoux to give me some etiquette lessons :o
    You could ____ my ___ :

We had a great time again this year.

Thank you all for making it an event.

Re: Shine on my boots and my sideburns low

Hey Allen, Ole Boudreaux and Thibodaux made it home just fine. Had an absolute blast hanging out with you all week. My dad and I just laughed in amazement every time you left us by passing a line of 10 corvettes going uphill. See you next year!!!

Comment

Allen, no problem, we enjoyed you leading the way, I was right behind you a lot of times. Waite till BluLightning gets that big block in his "54 and he will give you a run for your money. ;D ;D ;D

Buddy
      Living the dream!

Comment

Allen, had a great time watching you do burnouts! Maybe next year you'll let Kate try one. ;)

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Blake and Ray
          Kate and I also enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. Your portrayal of the adventures of Ole Boudreaux and Thibodaux (man I would have never guessed the correct spelling for those two gentlemen) was hilarious. We both look forward to seeing you both again.

Buddy
          I am eager to she Bob's wagon running with a stout Ford Big Block in between the frame rails. Mind you now, I never said that my truck was fast just that I use ever ounce it has frequently.

Linda
          Did Kate put you up to that comment?
          I am a terrible role model for her. Not only have I taught her that the speed limit is merely a suggestion for what one might do, I have also managed to break, bend or ignore most of the other traffic laws along the way. Now you want me to teach her how to do a burnout with a 5,000+ lb truck equipped with OEM style Ford brakes? Just how many zeroes do I need on the liability insurance for that frivolity????

Comment

Them two good ole bayou boys had plenty more adventures. You just better watch out for their third cousin Bourgeois!

Comment

Allen even thou you passed us( more like blew us off the road) all I thought was, damn he's having fun. One of my mottos is "If you can't have fun, don't do it." More power to you. Have as much fun as you can. PS: Driving on the shoulder???????????????????????
              OH YEAH
              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Well, there aint no speed limit on the shoulder! :o

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                  Blake and Ray
                  Kate and I also enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. Your portrayal of the adventures of Ole Boudreaux and Thibodaux (man I would have never guessed the correct spelling for those two gentlemen) was hilarious. We both look forward to seeing you both again.

Buddy
                  I am eager to she Bob's wagon running with a stout Ford Big Block in between the frame rails. Mind you now, I never said that my truck was fast just that I use ever ounce it has frequently.

Linda
                  Did Kate put you up to that comment?
                  I am a terrible role model for her. Not only have I taught her that the speed limit is merely a suggestion for what one might do, I have also managed to break, bend or ignore most of the other traffic laws along the way. Now you want me to teach her how to do a burnout with a 5,000+ lb truck equipped with OEM style Ford brakes? Just how many zeroes do I need on the liability insurance for that frivolity????

Allen since I work for State Farm, I can answer that question for you. LOTS!!!!!!!! ;D Kate didn't put me up to that comment, I'd teach her if you don't! :o Of course if we make the trip next year, it will probably be in the 57 wagon w/a 6 banger....LOL!

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Not a problem here Allen. Every time I saw your truck in the rearview, I knew it was only a matter of time till it went blowing past. ;DGreat talking to you again in person and hopefully Reni will let me skim some money from working on the house to get the wagon together quickly. ;D
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by YellowLightning
                      Well, there aint no speed limit on the shoulder! :o
                      What he said !
                      a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                      X