Thanks junkies: Long Haul newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks junkies: Long Haul newbie

I wanted to express my appreciation to the great company and generosity of all the carjunkies I met on the tour. Dave & Chad you should be proud.

As I had no wingman after Sunday and no GPS, I was leaning on the junkies to get me from venue to venue. Special thanks to the following junkies for letting me be their caboose.

The ‘Crankshafts’ (Tim & Lori) – Springfield to Topeka
    ‘6covered’ (Jon & Cindy) - Topeka to Lincoln
    ‘Impalaguy’ (Charles & Phillip) – Lincoln to Ames
    ‘1956NY150’ (Bob & Jesse) – Ames to Rochester
    ‘YellowLightning’ (Blake and Ray); ‘Cstmwgn’ (Allen & Kate); and 1956NY150 – Rochester to Madison.

Notable thanks to ‘1956NY150’ for letting me be their shadow on the ride from Ames to Rochester “Two Lane Blacktop” style. That ride justified the cost of the entire tour.
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Re: Thanks junkies: Long Haul newbie

Tom, sounds like the PT bug has bitten you big time! ;) I know we will see you in coming years, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Tom
      PM your address to me and I will send you a cd
      bob

we missed you on saturday, we made it home OK

Comment

Tom, I take it you made it home for fathers day. It was a pleasure meeting you. Maybe next year.
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
          Tom, I take it you made it home for fathers day. It was a pleasure meeting you. Maybe next year.
          Jim it was great to meet you, Tina and rest of your troops.

Yes, I made it home on fathers' day about 9 PM 15 hours after leaving Madison. As part of my long haul experience, my driver's side windshield wiper became a casualty 4 hours from home which consisted of a ride through torrential rains. The 'bird and I drove on relying on week old rain-x and a prayer.

All is good and we arrived safe & sound, although in need of a tall cold one. Look forward to seeing you guys again.
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Hey, I'd like to offer a thanks to those of you we met on the tour too. What a fantastic group of folks, especially you Junkies!
            I made the mistake of booking rooms with the 'agency' this year, and I think we totally whiffed on staying at the same hotels as you guys. I regret that we missed those parking lot socials. We ran solo most of the time, but I would really like to cruise with you guys (if we can keep up hee-hee).
            Thanks again, Junkies. We'll do better NEXT YEAR!!!! 8)
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hey Tom, good meeting and hanging with you.

Comment

Hey Yellow; It was great to meet you and your Dad. Had a great time kidding around. If you ever get to Atl, give me a holler. Theres a beer or two in it for you. Tell your Dad I said hey.
                OH YEAH
                Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Rather than start a new thread, I would also like to thank all of the Junkies for helping us newbies out on the tour. I would like to specifically call out Crankshaft (Tim and Lori) for helping us from day 1 when we met in Pensacola as well as Cobra (Bruce), White Monster (Steve) and George1861 for helping us all get together for the drive up.

Most important, my wife (Lisa) had a great time as well. We both agree that the cars were outstanding and the events were cool, but we have never been to a car event that all of the people were so nice, supportive and willing to help. It was a very relaxing time.

Thanks to all of you for helping make this a great vacation!

Kerry

Comment

That goes double for me too. Had a great time and WILL be back next year. I am already on the hunt for a project vehicle that the whole family (wife and three kids) can "long haul" in.

Chad

Comment

Told the wife I would like to do next years tour, she has not said no. That is a good sign, so hopefully we will see you all next year. :D
                      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Told the wife I would like to do next years tour, she has not said no. That is a good sign, so hopefully we will see you all next year. :D
                        That is a good sign. Mine already asked me if I booked hotel rooms in Madison and Racine yet! :o
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                          That is a good sign. Mine already asked me if I booked hotel rooms in Madison and Racine yet! :o
                          Tina loves the cruising, and doing things afterwards. She is just not into looking at the cars at each venue. She does enjoy hitting the venders up for their free stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            Tina loves the cruising, and doing things afterwards. She is just not into looking at the cars at each venue. She does enjoy hitting the venders up for their free stuff.
                            Boy does that sound familiar! ;)
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Yeah, don't get between them and the free stuff !!

;D

Comment

Working...
                              X