• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rookie... Looking At Power Tour

Being that I know zero about the power tour, is there rules
    to it and where do you start, is there X amount of cars aloud
    on it(like drag week).... why a registration if there is no
    limit on cars... is there a designated route you HAVE to follow..
    just trying to get a feel for this and wonder if I would like to get
    in on it........ thanks for any answers to my dumb questions
    and if you can fill in any blanks for a guy that knows ZERO
    about it
    Thanks

The answer to all questions is NO. No rules. No limits on entries. No required route. . . . and not really much organization.

Basically it's a series of cruise nights with some roadtripping thrown in.

Comment

You can register day-by-day if you want to get in on the power parking, score some stickers and swag, and listen to the vendor yacking at the daily assembly. But it costs more if you're going more than three stops.

You can register for the whole shootin' match if you want to, and if you punch your ticket at each stop, you get to attend the long hauler's ceremony/picture.

You can show up for the daily starting assembly, but most don't . . . and the cruise group doesn't stay together anyway.

There's a suggested route, but many don't follow it.

If you want to autocross, you can't run with the "official" group anyhow because you've got to get to the nightly stop a lot earlier

And if you don't need to power park and don't care about stickers and swag, you can just show up for free at as many stops as you want.

In short, it's almost nothing like Drag Week.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Some good info here or go to Hot Rod.com / Power Tour / FAQ's too.

or here - http://www.mytrain.com/powertour.html
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
          Being that I know zero about the power tour, is there rules
          to it and where do you start, is there X amount of cars aloud
          on it(like drag week).... why a registration if there is no
          limit on cars... is there a designated route you HAVE to follow..
          just trying to get a feel for this and wonder if I would like to get
          in on it........ thanks for any answers to my dumb questions
          and if you can fill in any blanks for a guy that knows ZERO
          about it
          Thanks
          Don't listen to those other yahoos - there are all kinds of rules
          New guys buy the beer - but since you only drink warm beer that isn't going to be too big of deal!
          You HAVE to carry a lawn chair in your car - after all this is the "car show" crowd
          Most will be expected to participate in the nightly hotel parking lot burnout activities - that is assuming you bring something that is capable.

It can be a cluster - so while not a rule or requirement - an excellent cooling system tends to be good insurance.
          Its not DragWeek - an order of magnitude more cars - and the routes aren't quite as hard to follow.

Hope you decided to come out and play a little - it is a lot of fun and can be addictive.
          Last edited by cstmwgn; April 26, 2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Beware.....Power Tour is a highly addictive drug (some think it's the exposure to carbon monoxide). Once exposed there is no cure and you will live the next 51 weeks with much anticipation. You should check with a trained professional before attempting.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

if you really are a carjunkie but not looking for a competitive deal, I can't think of a better way to be temporarily dipped into car nirvana

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Listen.. we were noobies six years ago, and if it weren't for job/vacation restrictions, we'd be there for a sixth straight long haul... remember, chairs, cooler, camera, memory card(s) money for beer, food, ice, and a willingness to adventure and not give up! One thing...Try to keep your cool in traffic, and have fun!!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Is there a route set up for this year... when does it start

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                    Is there a route set up for this year... when does it start
                    Starts June 1st in Arlington TX, June 2nd Texarkana AR, June 3rd Little Rock AR, June 4th Memphis TN, June 5th Birmingham AL, June 6th Chattanooga TN, June 7th Concord NC, June 8th Concord NC - long haulers award ceremony

Route is typically posted ~ 2 weeks before the tour starts

Comment

Warning Warning
                      Mr. P Body
                      Would fit in real WELL

Comment

Mr. P, see you on the road?
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                          Warning Warning
                          Mr. P Body
                          Would fit in real WELL
                          LOL... thanks... but being I have testing to do on a
                          totally new ride I was hoping it was closer... I think
                          it was last year that it came through Mich so if it came
                          close I would try to make a leg or two as part of my testing
                          but its farther than I had planned to travel with minimal
                          testing by that time............. thanks guys... maybe next year...
                          for now.. I have to prep for DW.... by the way this is my junker
                          that I'm building.... I should have it in color next week unless
                          I screw up in the last bit of prep work
                          Attached Files

Comment

Mr P, if you are still a l'il undecided - the worst that can happen is you call 1-800 U-Haul and carry her home

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

No... I'm not gonna make it this year... too much work and testing
                              to get done before then... and thats if things go well.... maybe
                              next year if its closer

Comment

Working...
                              X