X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred picked this parking spot -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm kinda pissed about them waiting until the last minute to cancel the drag racing. I waited until almost last minute to order my drag radials just for this event. They just got here yesterday about 2 hours before my buddy texted me that the racing is off. Sh!t happens but they could have told us more than 2 weeks in advance. I'm sure they saw it coming.

As such, my Buick group will be racing south of Council Bluffs at Mid America Motorplex on friday night instead. They have open street racing from 6-10pm and then we'll drive up to SC and spend saturday at RNR.

EDIT: Apparently they aren't having open racing that weekend either. The hunt is on for a place to race that weekend!
      Last edited by boosted buick; July 9, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

we are still planning on being there...lord willin' and the creek don't rise!!
        Last edited by silver_bullet; July 9, 2013, 02:10 PM.
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We will get to town late Friday afternoon and hang until late sat. Close enough to home for us that we are going to cut sat night stay and save a few bucks. Can you say power tour fund?

Comment

All right this is getting exciting!! I believe this is going to be fun, We are going to take a drive through the country, starting with a visit to a "Man Candy" store, we are going to see some "Art", drive up a hill and around a curve or two, take in some "outdoors", relax along a river, visit a "Wooden Shoe" community and have some Ice Cream......

I am thinking that Cruise the Loop could be loads of fun, without drag racing this may bring a lot of cars out for cruising and making some joyus sounds!!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week!!
            Attached Files
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Sounds like fun, George! Think I'll offer to drive when we go around the curves, lol!

Linda

Comment

Looks like we will have to wait until next year, George. I just found out last night that we are taking care of a couple of the grandkids that weekend. Dad working the Cornhusker State Games & mother (respiratory therapist) working the weekend shift. Sorry, we will have to try again next year.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                  Looks like we will have to wait until next year, George. I just found out last night that we are taking care of a couple of the grandkids that weekend. Dad working the Cornhusker State Games & mother (respiratory therapist) working the weekend shift. Sorry, we will have to try again next year.
                  as we all have said several times... bring the kids!! steve and amber's kids are bound to be there! kids make us all feel younger!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

For those in the Sioux City area that might be interested...

The Bandit Run will be in Norfolk NE @ 11:30am Sunday July 14 for lunch at the Barnstormers restaurant, on their way to Valentine NE. For those that don't know, the Bandit Run is a sort of power tour for mid to late 70's Pontiac Trans Am's(but it looks like about anything is welcome). This year it is starting in Lincoln NE and going to Golden CO(yea THAT Golden Colorado--think BEER), with stops in Rapid City and Laramie. Must be quite a site, a hundred or more black Trans Am's (with screamin gold birds) caravaning down the highway.

GO BANDIT!
                    Last edited by 99SS&92Z28; July 11, 2013, 04:32 AM.

Comment

I think that I heard that it is starting at "Restore A Muscle Car" here. A small restoration shop that specializes in Trans Ams. I will see what I can dig up on it.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

ALL of the web pages I saw said 'Restore A Muscle Car' on them. Also, a couple of years ago Burt Reynolds was on at least part of the Bandit Run. I believe the first couple 'Runs' were between Atlanta and Texarkana. There's a guy on the 'Run' with an old cop car like Jackie Gleeson's and a guy that dresses like him and kinda looks like him(maybe the same guy with the cop car). It looks like they run with a semi too, no word about if it's filled with beer. Kinda makes me wanna buy a mid 70's Pontiac...

Comment

He was at the All Pontiac Show last summer - George even got frisked by him - woo hooo -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Where are BS people meeting Friday night/Saturday morning?

Comment

No exact time Friday, some are going to arrive late. Saturday morning I would like to head out at 8:30, meet at Stone Creek parking lot for a drive in the country.....
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

We'll be at Stoney Creek...Arrival ETA no known yet...Friday night in the parking lot, lobby, or poolside?
                                Last edited by silver_bullet; July 13, 2013, 08:49 AM.
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X