Rock n Rods, Sioux City, IA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock n Rods, Sioux City, IA

Rock n Rods is July 19-21 in Downtown Sioux City, IA. Last year we had a great time and I know that some Freaks are planning to come again this year. The event runs on the same schedule, and for anyone that would like, I am planning another BS Forum Freaks Saturday Cruise.
    If you want to Drag Race, sign up early to take advantage of the special price.
    Hotel rooms are filling up, some of us are at the Stoney Creek Inn and last check the only rooms left are Deluxe and more pricey.
    Check out the thread in the Events section.

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Great info & footage, George. We are still looking to make it this year. So far that weekend is clear but it is shaping up to be one super busy summer.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I think my parents are taking dad's newly finished car (it started as a 67 Satellite vert but isn't really recognizable as such anymore) to Minneapolis for the Car Craft Summer Nats. Sioux City is too long of a drive for me to not get half my point in going to Sioux City.

It was a rad event that was a lot of fun last year though. Anyone that has a more manageable drive to Sioux City should make it a point to attend.
      1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
      2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

We are going to try to go this year. Sounds like fun!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

getting anxious George!! can't wait... gotta change all intake seals/gaskets on the bullet after Sean's graduation... (Less than one month away)
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I can't make 2013 due to a stupid wedding............ But, count me in for 2014!!!
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Early Bird Registration for Drag Racing on Water Street ends May 31, Mine is going in the mail now.......

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Any age car allowed George? Don't know if the rewire of the Chevelle will be done in time for this so would have to bring the Camaro.

Linda

Comment

Just called and made reservations at the Stoney Creek Inn for Friday and Saturday! May not be doing Power Tour but will still see our freak friends!

Linda

Comment

Yeah, they let any year car run. They kind of have someone that goes through the staging lanes and matches up cars they think would be interesting if you don't come into the lanes with someone you want to race against too. They typically line up late model stuff with other late model stuff and older cars with other older cars.
                    1968 Torino - DOHC 4.6L/T56 swap project
                    2011 CTS-V Wagon - TR-6060 equipped

Comment

George are you drag racing this year or did you just register for the show? i don't think we are going to drag race but need to enter for the show.

Comment

Who all is planning on going to the dinner? Will it interfere with the cruise that George has planned? otherwise we can go the BangShift route and just have our own little get together!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Registration is only required if you want to park in the Show and Shine, Ed and Mary had Earl in the show last year. The show is a come and go, so you are not locked in the area. I have never done the friday night dinner, IMHO we can get more for less if you all want to go to Famous Daves or Chili's. Their are many "Food" choices downtown. I am registering for racing and planning to stretch the legs of our Trans Am (incentive to get car done). Cla55ic Rick and sister Betsy are also planning to come and sounds like our Rocky Mountain connections are going to make it too. Last year we took a Saturday Cruise, we left Sioux City in the morning we drove about 140 miles through three states with many stops, lunch, ICE CREAM and we were back in Sioux City around 5:30.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I would agree w/George about Friday night dinner. We could just get together on our own, but might have to let a restaurant know ahead of time how many there will be so we don't have to wait until midnight to eat.

Linda

Comment

Great call Linda!! have we got anyone close by for recommendations as to where would be a great place to get reservations and we will need to get a head count going...Three for us!
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; May 10, 2013, 05:34 PM.
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X