i almost forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i almost forget

How much trailered cars suck!!! There was a couple of cars that daily got put in and out of trailer!! WHY??? This is a power tour, a test for you and your car, and why would you want to say, Hey my dirtymax diesel made it 3000 miles on the tour, and my car got about 10 miles driving from the trailer to my parking spot!!

Of course its ok to trailer when breakage occurs, but fix it and drive it!!

and what about these people who were there saturday bi%&hing about how the power tour sucked and yada yada never doing one again.....go home early, nobody makes you show up the next day. Every trip is what you make of it!!! Some people never have a good time!!

I had a blast!! 2nd long haul, next year will be #3!!

;D ;Dok i'm done now ;D ;D

Re: i almost forget

See you next year!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Ya Im with you. I don't get the trailered cars unless they broke down on the power tour. What is the point? No one wants to see a car on the trailer they want to see the car on the road. That is the whole point of the Hot rod Power tour. You "driving" your car down the road from state to state. Did you see that Grand National on the rented Uhaul trailer? Man what was so special about that car that they wouldn't drive it from state to state. The acted as if it was a 20s or 30s car with no miles on it.

As for the complainers they should have went home early if they didnt like it. We had no choice but to go home early due to an unexpected emergency phone call we got and we had to cut the trip short. I just about cried all the way home cause one incident screwed us out of our once a yr vacation that we worked all yr to plan for. And to hear about complainers makes me sick. No one made them go the whole way they could have went home when they decided they didnt like it.

Comment

We limped the catalina all the way to madison, it had a shot front pump seal, the rear wheel cylinder leaked, the coolant leaked, the power steering leaked the front and rear seals on the motor leaked and driving home the top radiator hose went and also the top of the radiator bu we managed the full tour all be it for the last 50 miles into madison.

We used 7 qts of ATF, 1 gallon of 10w30, 2 cans of trans stop leak, 1 bottle of water wetter, 1 bottle of antifreeze, 1 bottle of break fluid and on the way home a case of water from a gas station

And i will be back next year

Comment

Chief, it was a pleasure to meet you in Little Rock. You said you hoped the trans would hold up as we talked. I was sorry to see it on a trailer in Madison. Glad it's repairable and we'll see you on future PT!
          John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Chief, glad to see you made it back to St. Louis. Hope to see you all next year.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Sorry we missed you Chief, and glad you made the trip. Are you going to put all of your photos/vidio on the web? Please let us know, and see ya next year!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Trailers are for boats. However, from what I hear about the stops after Topeka, one of those might have came in handy too.

Comment

If it wasnt for mike and his trailer we wouldnt have made madison, the stupid cops stopped us pushing the car, we got about a mile befre they stopped us though ;D mind you we were still 50 miles out

Im going to start looking at the video when i get back to the UK on wednesday, i didnt manage to get a lot due to the damn car but i have got about 3 days out of the tour

Comment

Hey Tony and Sherry just let it be known that the Buick on the trailer was not mine!!! LOL!!! My Buick made it the whole way in 07 so we know I was not the offender!! The impala performed flawless as usual, now its time to get an old car ready for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive
                      Trailers are for boats. However, from what I hear about the stops after Topeka, one of those might have came in handy too.
                      good one!

Comment

We called the cars on trailers the Power Tow cars. ;D My Lightning did 30 miles on a trailer but that was it. The rest of the way was under it's own power.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I limped through Chicago with only one bank of the carb getting fuel and a miss due to a burned spark wire, which really sucked !

I finally found a good place to stop in Merrillville, where repairs could be made, but the '63 made it the whole trip on her own. Not bad for a 45 year-old.

Also, this 50-year-old was very thankful for the navigational expertise of BigBuds1 and BlueLightining.
                          Thanks heaps guy's.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                            I limped through Chicago with only one bank of the carb getting fuel and a miss due to a burned spark wire, which really sucked !

I finally found a good place to stop in Merrillville, where repairs could be made, but the '63 made it the whole trip on her own. Not bad for a 45 year-old.

Also, this 50-year-old was very thankful for the navigational expertise of BigBuds1 and BlueLightining.
                            Thanks heaps guy's.
                            Anytime!! We do our part to help the homeless. ;) Glad you made it home safe Steve.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                              Originally posted by White Monster

Thanks heaps guy's.
                              Anytime!! We do our part to help the homeless. ;) Glad you made it home safe Steve.
                              Oh now that's funny. Someone in AR. explained to me how Steve looked, and he described him as the homeless looking one. :D
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X