X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freaks Hotel for Madison, Wisc. HRPT 09

Originally posted by LadyGT
    Originally posted by 65longroof
    I've done reservations for our group for the past several years, approximately 12-15 rooms per city. I found it best to immediately ask for someone in sales and to also take really good notes on each and every hotel I call. It seems that the turnover in the hotel industry is high and it pays to have notes of each person's name and the prices they quoted. I had one hotel this year that every time I called, there was a different girl in sales. It really pays to get in early too before they figure out that something is coming to town. Be careful telling them it's a Power Tour group as that's what every person calling will say they need a room for and you may lose some rooms in your block. This year was probably the easiest one I have done because all the cities were small enough that I didn't need to find out the venue before booking hotels. They would be close enough even if they were on the other side of the town! That also made this years tour one the best I've been on in years (out of 9 total). It's a shame that they're going right back to Chicago and Michigan. Those are some of the worst roads I've ever driven on! Due to what looks like a poor route next year, we will be taking a year off, then in 2010 we are looking at doing Route 66 as a group.
    Ditto on that. If the hotel gets wind of the fact something big is coming into town, the rates will go up and black out discounts if they normally offer them. I experienced this in 2007.
    Sure do miss our PT social events and Hotel coordinators from the '07 Tour.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Thank you. I would have been willing to do it for you guys for '09 but it looks like Mikee beat me to it. So far, he has been doing an awesome job.
      2006 HRPT LH
      2007 HRPT LH
      2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Thank you. I would have been willing to do it for you guys for '09 but it looks like Mikee beat me to it. So far, he has been doing an awesome job.
        go for it! rather hard to do much more til route is complete... some of us are fourtunate enough to get discounts; i just tried to get everyone a break at MADISON...because of the prices they are charging; close to the venue.

Comment

Just booked the Holiday Inn Express on John Nolen. Thursday 6/4 is $114.99 and Friday and Saturday are $150. Also booked the HI in Sturtevant for Sunday night at $114 per night. Sounds like this tour is going to be pricey! :-\ Has anyone booked in Warren, Mi. yet?

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
            Just booked the Holiday Inn Express on John Nolen. Thursday 6/4 is $114.99 and Friday and Saturday are $150. Also booked the HI in Sturtevant for Sunday night at $114 per night. Sounds like this tour is going to be pricey! :-\ Has anyone booked in Warren, Mi. yet?

Linda 8)
            I think Mikee has; I'm at the Holiday Inn, across the street from the GM Tech center....if you use mapquest, for example, input the Holiday Inn address (30000 Van Dyke Avenue, Warren, MI), there's about 25 hotels within 2 or 3 miles from that address....(I'm going to try and send you a pm,Lin; please advise if you receive it).....Dave (rexdogg).....

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE
              go for it! rather hard to do much more til route is complete... some of us are fourtunate enough to get discounts; i just tried to get everyone a break at MADISON...because of the prices they are charging; close to the venue.
              You are doing great and don't need my help. lol. The only comment I had to add was that I stayed at a Super 8 in Racine on Oakes and it was ok. Nothing great but it had clean beds. I believe Bruce was there as well.

In the best interest of the 100+ forum freaks here, I think the names of the hotels you have chosen should not be posted. My loyalty is to the regular long haulers here and not the general public who lurk for info. I realize it's more work involved to keep it quiet by sending e-mails or PMs. JMO.
              2006 HRPT LH
              2007 HRPT LH
              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

We just did the Fairfield in Middleton WI on the 6th for $100 out the door. Done

We're at the H.I. Express in Racine. Think it was $114

Getting reservations in both Knoxville and Chattanooga for Friday and Saturday night.

Just trying to cover all our bases and get this behind us.

Jon

Comment

Linda 8)
                  We've got a room at the Holiday Inn at the Tech Center, Linda.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thanks, Bob! Looks like we will be there too. Some are concerned about the neighborhood, but we can all pool our $$$ and hire our own security guard. I'm serious, it's been done before.

Linda 8)

Comment

Thanks, Bob! Looks like we will be there too. Some are concerned about the neighborhood, but we can all pool our $$$ and hire our own security guard. I'm serious, it's been done before.

Linda 8)

don't believe that area was the one w/ the concern.......... thought it was over by the tech. center itself! ???

Comment

what day are we in Warren Mich?
                        I am fallin behind on my rooms, racine what night?,Chat Tenn, where,what night?
                        thanks
                        bob

Comment

Bob

This is what I have:

Madison 6/6 Saturday
                          Racine 6/7 Sunday

Warren 6/9 Tuesday

Chattanooga 6/12 Friday

But who knows if any of these are correct. At this time two years ago, I would have booked rooms in Englishtown for the start of the 2007 tour.

Comment

I think Mikee has; I'm at the Holiday Inn, across the street from the GM Tech center....if you use mapquest, for example, input the Holiday Inn address (30000 Van Dyke Avenue, Warren, MI), there's about 25 hotels within 2 or 3 miles from that address....(I'm going to try and send you a pm,Lin; please advise if you receive it).....Dave (rexdogg).....
                            [/quote]

I booked here on the 9th too. 8)
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr

I booked here on the 9th too. 8)
                              [/quote]

thats where we're booked!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                                Bob

This is what I have:

Madison 6/6 Saturday
                                Racine 6/7 Sunday

Warren 6/9 Tuesday

Chattanooga 6/12 Friday

But who knows if any of these are correct. At this time two years ago, I would have booked rooms in Englishtown for the start of the 2007 tour.
                                We just got back from the Syracuse Nat's. We talked to two of the major sponsors on the power tour and they confirmed Chattanooga as the ending for next year. Also, for 2010, they confirmed Chattanooga to Biloxi(sp?), MS. Hope this helps you guys planning for next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X