Things you dislike about the power tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you dislike about the power tour

Ok I know we all love the power tour. It is truly one of the best automotive events around. But there has to be a few things you don't like about it.
    The one thing I don't like is it seams to stay in the same area. It never goes west are dose it go to the northeast. Its seams to stay in the southeast are the Midwest. There are alot of good roads in these other parts of the country.
    Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Anthony,
    Check out this thread, it's already started ...

http://bangshift.com/forum/showthrea...e-to-Powertour.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
      Anthony,
      Check out this thread, it's already started ...

http://bangshift.com/forum/showthrea...e-to-Powertour.
      Guess I overlook that one.
      Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        Guess I overlook that one.
        I'll play

I dislike the fact that I have long hauled 7 years now and don't have a single PowerTour T-shirt with a Ford on it!

Comment

As Anthony said I dislike the fact that it never comes west other than in 2000 I believe when it ended in san bernardino and in 01 when it started here. I can understand some of the more remote places but so cal is a huge car area, just not as many sponsors as the midwest. I understand they go where they can get the dollars from but this was supposed to be about the drive, the cars, the people, not about who will give them sponsor money. Oh well, thats why we now have the western scenic tour, starts in vegas sept 22, 2013 and ends in Ouray, Colorado 5 days later!
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            I'll play

I dislike the fact that I have long hauled 7 years now and don't have a single PowerTour T-shirt with a Ford on it!
            Hey Alan, I got an email this week about another Power Tour that starts in July I think...... Guess what?!?! It's sponsored by Ford!!! I can't remember the name of it, but it looked interesting.... LOL
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Here ya go Alan...........

sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

Sitting in line at the entrance to the venues due to the photographers.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
                  Hey Alan, I got an email this week about another Power Tour that starts in July I think...... Guess what?!?! It's sponsored by Ford!!! I can't remember the name of it, but it looked interesting.... LOL
                  that was my guess. gm sponsor.

i hate the long lines also, to get into the venues.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

It's so damn hot.
                    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

I can't think of one thing that I don't like about Power Tour I'm on the road in my car seeing the sites and cool cars meeting new people fun is what you make it. (no I did not say I like to see homo's naked)HaHa
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

It's fun for all of us or we would'nt do it every year. Our car does not have cooling problems, but I feel for the people who do have the problem. That what I was referring to but did not explain it.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I like it....would be interesting to see some new vendors and different stage talent.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Only happens once a year..........
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                              I can't think of one thing that I don't like about Power Tour I'm on the road in my car seeing the sites and cool cars meeting new people fun is what you make it. (no I did not say I like to see homo's naked)HaHa
                              Bad Boy! Bad Boy! Where's your Political Correctness?

We are not fond of the downtown venues. And make sure that we get an early start to try to get a decent parking place. Springfield in 2009 really sucked. Especially the way that they spread all of the sponsors all over town. And it would be nice if it would start close to me & end close to me. Probably never gonna happen though.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                              X