No announcement yet.

Things you dislike about the power tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on the downtown venues. Generally a cluster. Springfield, IL in 2010 was a great example. By the time I got parked we were blocks away, people on the sidewalk even commented "they are parking you here!?" Vendors had a fun time getting out as well.

Main stage: The Arlington main stage area was a bit crowded to say the least. Hot asphalt and at 2pm there was a see of chairs in the tiny area in front of the stage. No way was I sticking around for that program.

Here's an oldie but goodie that will never happen again: How about prefered parking for Long Haulers. Ha
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I did not like parking out in the east 40 when I was a long hauler and supposed to have priority parking and trying to get into the venues sucked but like the others have said, its still a great event.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

The same reason i love it, is the same reason i hate it. Too many cars. I love seeing and meeting all the people, but i hate all the cars when it comes to getting into a venue, too many people so less goodies. Back in 03 there were less than 700 long haulers, we all got nice gifts at the end, and we were able to do the long haul photo with just the photographer standing on a scissor jack. Now, they have to use and airplane to get a little picture and you're lucky if you get something worth keeping or something that last.
        The youngest guy on the board
        76 vega
        86 fiero

Comment

Well I will be hated but here goes.
          The short drives, WTH from Little Rock to Memphis yeah 135 miles. Memphis to bham another 238 miles. Well I guess the trailer queens will have a tough time on the last day it is 330 miles.
          Every single PT is in the east. Frack that, What happened to the coast to coast power tours. where real driven cars do the long haul. They cannot cross the rocky becaue the "driven" trailer queens might have a chance of getting snow, boo, fracking, hoo. Heck the Hot bike power tour goes more miles a day than the PT. That is on a flipping motorcycle. seems like the HBPT has got more kahunas than the HRPT group.
          How many big name builders bring there own rides or projects on the PT.
          flame suit on.
          Last edited by PT Sportwagon; May 7, 2013, 07:01 PM.
          '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
          '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
          2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

What I don't like? The complaining. I'm a long haul rookie and the last two years I've been only able to do 3 and 5 stops and have to say that even the longest of days, most traffic or parking way out is still better than going to work or dealing with a boring daily routine. This is 10 days away for just my son and I and I enjoy every minute. I don't have to tell you all that they grow up too fast. It is a vacation, you vets know what is in store each year but you do it anyway cause it is FUN. Advice I got before my first time, it is what you make it. My flame suit on now.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
              Well I will be hated but here goes.
              The short drives, WTH from Little Rock to Memphis yeah 135 miles. Memphis to bham another 238 miles. Well I guess the trailer queens will have a tough time on the last day it is 330 miles.
              Every single PT is in the east. Frack that, What happened to the coast to coast power tours. where real driven cars do the long haul. They cannot cross the rocky becaue the "driven" trailer queens might have a chance of getting snow, boo, fracking, hoo. Heck the Hot bike power tour goes more miles a day than the PT. That is on a flipping motorcycle. seems like the HBPT has got more kahunas than the HRPT group.
              How many big name builders bring there own rides or projects on the PT.
              flame suit on.
              So you think you know the route do you? Unless you are one of "those guys" that can only drive their car on the freeway the shortest distance between venues I doubt you have a clue about where we are actually going or how many miles it will turn out to be each day.

Comment

PT Cruiser, You don't list where you are from, you bash trailer queens, you think everyone can't have snow on their cars, you speak highly about the new Bike Power Tour, and your car is listed as a project. It sounds like you just want to stir things up. This thread was thought up to have fun and list all the things we wish would change, but can't and won't. You either deal with it or don't come out and play. It's not your football and you can just go home if you don't like the way the game is played. I live in California and would LOVE to see the Tour come out West, but I don't make the rules , I just go by them...SO get with the plan or get out of kitchen, cause it's going to get hot..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                  PT Cruiser, You don't list where you are from, you bash trailer queens, you think everyone can't have snow on their cars, you speak highly about the new Bike Power Tour, and your car is listed as a project. It sounds like you just want to stir things up. This thread was thought up to have fun and list all the things we wish would change, but can't and won't. You either deal with it or don't come out and play. It's not your football and you can just go home if you don't like the way the game is played. I live in California and would LOVE to see the Tour come out West, but I don't make the rules , I just go by them...SO get with the plan or get out of kitchen, cause it's going to get hot..
                  street you hit the nail on the head about why i started this thread.
                  Last edited by Anthony; May 7, 2013, 08:58 PM.
                  Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                    street you hit the nail on the head about why i started this thread.
                    In the spirit of fun...........I hate being on vacation and having to get up early in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                      In the spirit of fun...........I hate being on vacation and having to get up early in the morning
                      yep there is just something not right about that.
                      Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                        What I don't like? The complaining. I'm a long haul rookie and the last two years I've been only able to do 3 and 5 stops and have to say that even the longest of days, most traffic or parking way out is still better than going to work or dealing with a boring daily routine. This is 10 days away for just my son and I and I enjoy every minute. I don't have to tell you all that they grow up too fast. It is a vacation, you vets know what is in store each year but you do it anyway cause it is FUN. Advice I got before my first time, it is what you make it. My flame suit on now.
                        Well said Damon...

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                        I have to agree...good thing there is a lot of fun to be had during the day. I just have to think about those west coasters (you know who you are) and how early it is for them with the time change
                        FKA Redragtop
                        (formerly known as)

Comment

i hate everything.....all bases covered
                          Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            I dislike the fact that I have long hauled 7 years now and don't have a single PowerTour T-shirt with a Ford on it!

Comment

Originally posted by fine59 View Post
                              i hate everything.....all bases covered
                              Fred, agreed 100%.......... LOL
                              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                              - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

I always try

Comment

Working...
                                X